40 Wall Street
Purpose of the Position
To handle general legal work including reviewing of matters, drafting documents, problem solving, advising and consulting with the General Counsel on legal matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and negotiate contracts, leases, advising on various legal issues including intellectual property, tax, real estate and governance.
- Perform legal research and provide general advice on various matters.
- Oversee matters referred to outside counsel in the U.S., Israel and other foreign countries.
- Developing and conducting training for volunteers and staff on legal matters.
- Advise volunteers and staff on compliance matters including preparation of compliance policies and procedures for the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Education or Experience.
- Education or equivalent experience: Juris Doctor degree; admitted to New York State Bar, 4 to 6 years general legal practice (preference for real estate or corporate background).
- Specialized knowledge or skill: Knowledge of general corporate law, contracts, leases, ability to work with a diverse number of internal clients and outside business people; ability to negotiate and spot legal issues.
- Additional Qualifications: Interest and enthusiasm for non-profit work. Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work on many projects at one time, self starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with multiple constituencies.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct reports
- Internal: National Board members, National staff, Affiliated entities and Chapters seeking legal advice for Hadassah matters.
- External: Contractors, vendors, insurance companies, and outside counsel doing business with Hadassah in the U.S., Israel and other foreign countries.
Accounting/Budgetary Responsibility: None.
Hadassah is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Hadassah offers competitive salaries and exceptional benefits to its employees, including a generous time-off plan.
Minimum Education Required