802 Kew Gardens Road
The Center for Independence of the Disabled in New York (CIDNY) is the leading organization serving and representing people with disabilities in New York City. CIDNY's mission is the removal of barriers to full integration of people with disabilities. CIDNY helps people with disabilities to gain the skills and obtain the services they need to live independently in the community and advocates for fair and effective policies that improve the quality of life for people with disabilities. CIDNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Training and Outreach Specialist will work in a statewide initiative to assist individuals transitioning from institutional settings to the community. The Specialist will provide trainings and outreach to nursing home staff and community provider staff. The Specialist will provide in-depth review of CIDNY’s Transition Center Program during outreach and trainings.
Reports to: Transition Program Manager and Director of Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete training with Training and Outreach Coordinator to become well versed in trainings to be provided.
- Accept direction/feedback from Training and Outreach Coordinator on tasks to be completed and follow through with tasks.
- Outreach and coordinate visits to nursing homes to discuss the Transition Center Program, eligibility requirements, its referrals system, and transition into the community process.
- Provide trainings at nursing homes in accordance with priorities identified via information from Department of Health and the Transition Center.
- Provide and manage an evaluation system to assess effectiveness of trainings and identify additional training needs.
- Participate with the Transition Program staff in the development of trainings for on-site staff, annual trainings, NYAIL conference, regional trainings, webinars and one-on-one trainings.
- Utilize database and other CIDNY and funder documentation methods to collect information about trainings/outreach provided and their effectiveness.
- Prepare reports on trainings/outreach provided and needed.
- Work collaboratively with the on-site staff from the Transition Team, Peer Program, and Housing Subsidy program.
- Attends Agency's in-service training and unit meetings as well as any other agency-related activities.
- Perform other program-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to travel throughout the New York City boroughs and Long Island
- Experience developing and providing trainings to groups is required.
- Experience with public speaking.
- Experience working in or with nursing home staff is preferred.
- Preferred candidates should have a working knowledge of issues faced by persons of all ages who are in need of long-term care services, particularly with those related to nursing home transition.
- Experience with NHTD, TBI and/or OPWDD waivers preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, computer, and communication skills.
- Individual must have time management skills to maintain individual/community outreaches, workshop schedule, documentation and administrative requirements;
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team;
- Must be computer literate on basic Microsoft Programs and Internet search use;
- Direct experience in working with people with disabilities, understanding of disability-related issues preferred.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
We conform to all laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
Please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to Paige Munson, Director of Services, at email@example.com. Do not send by fax.
Please use the job title as email header. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.