SALARY: $15 - $20 DOE
JOB STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
FTE STATUS: PART TIME (average 20 hours per week)
LOCATION: FLEXIBLE WITHIN U.S.
The EcoDistricts Communications & Design Coordinator supports the implementation of a comprehensive marketing and branding strategy to get the word out about EcoDistricts programs and events. The position has three key responsibilities: This position will handle 1) Designing reports and other print and digital collateral; 2) Updating and maintaining the EcoDistricts main website and event websites; 3) Supporting the implementation of social media projects. The position requires strong knowledge of graphic and web design tools, effective project management skills, excellent writing and proofreading capabilities, and the ability to travel moderately. The position reports to the Director of Engagement.
- Design all EcoDistricts digital and print collateral including flyers, posters, web images, brochures, print reports, programs, etc.
- Provide graphic design and layout support for websites, including webpage updates, creating landing pages, and ongoing site maintenance
- Provide quality assurance on all published and branded content through editing, proofing and reviewing all collateral with strong attention to detail
- Support, report and track marketing plans, public/media relations activities and other communication efforts as assigned
Convenings + Workshops
- Support the communications and storytelling component of workshops and events, including the annual Incubator, EcoDistricts Summit and the District Energy + Water Academy
- Create relevant resources and materials for workshops and events
Communications + Storytelling
- Curate social media stories and graphics to highlight district and neighborhood-scale best practices, case studies, reports, and articles
- Support the publishing, curation, and design of content as needed for the EcoDistricts Information Exchange, including case studies, white papers, and research reports
- Support the curation of social media content, and assists with implementing social media campaigns
- Perform other communications tasks in accordance with EcoDistricts editorial calendar as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field preferred or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of communications, marketing or public relations experience required
- Must have strong oral, written skills and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital and print graphic design, layout and publishing
- Software skills: High proficiency Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; high level proficiency in Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and WordPress; basic knowledge of Salesforce and MailChimp a plus
- Demonstrated experience with web design, content management, and basic
- understanding of HTML
- Strong knowledge of content development and in-bound marketing
- Knowledge of e-marketing platforms and Google Analytics preferred
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) preferred
- Ability to perform repeated tasks on a daily basis while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Ability to analyze and efficiently summarize information and data to express thoughts clearly and simpl
- Ability to work in a multi-task, detail-oriented and deadline-driven environment;
- Creativity, initiative, organization and good judgment are essential.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to grasp both “big picture” ideas and handle small details and logistics of a project with commitment to proactive, positive and team- minded behavior.
- Familiarity with principles of urban and district scale equitable and sustainable development best practices; in the areas of community development, social and environmental justice, racial and social equity, green building, public health, and energy and climate policy, etc. are a plus
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Requires an understanding of, and a commitment to advancing the mission and core values of EcoDistricts
Medical, dental and retirement prorated according to percentage of FTE
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
This position is open to all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran. We strongly encourage people of color to apply. EcoDistricts provides medical, dental, and retirement benefits which are prorated for positions working between 20-30 hours per week. Send cover letter, writing sample, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “EcoDistricts Communications & Design Coordinator” in the subject line. Application due: 5PM PST, May 12, 2018.
ECODISTRICTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE PEOPLE OF COLOR TO APPLY.