Details: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2018 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Reporting to the Nursing Program Director, the Clinical Placement Specialist will serve as the liaison between CUNY School of Professional Studies Nursing Program and the clinical facilities used for clinical education in the Nursing curriculum and track student compliance with the clinical clearance process.
The Clinical Placement Specialist's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
-Track the number of student-placements needed each semester with consideration of level and type of experience needed (e.g., Community Nursing, Nursing Capstone, Graduate Practicum).
- Liaise with nurse educators and /or placement coordinators in hospitals and clinics to coordinate clinical placements via email, online application, phone and/or in person
- Identify facility requirements at each clinical placement site and communicate these requirements to instructors and students in a timely manner
- Communicate with all nursing students and faculty on an ongoing basis to ensure that student records are up to date, send out notifications when requirements are not met, including immunizations, CPR, liability insurance, health insurance, criminal background checks and any other required information
- Communicate confirmed or changed clinical placement agreements with Director, instructors, program coordinators and students for all clinical placements in the nursing program (undergraduate and graduate)
Liaise with CUNY Legal regarding affiliation agreement updates and Liability Insurance Certificates. Monitor affiliation agreements with clinical facilities to ensue current
- Enter student’s clinical clearance documentation in the document management system; Train students regarding clinical clearance process and use of the system
- Submit requisite paperwork to clinical facilities for students’ participation in clinical rotations on a timely basis
-Schedule faculty and students to attend mandatory facility orientations and training as needed
- Maintain HIPPA & FERPA standards. - Attend Placement Coordinators meetings at health care/ community facilities throughout the NYC Metro area
- Maintain and update records of facility contacts; attend meetings at clinical partner sites as required. Conduct site visits to clinical sites to confirm that faculty and students are meeting course and facility expectations
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
-NYS unencumbered RN license
-Master’s degree preferred
-Experience serving as a primary liaison between two or more institutions or organizations;
-Experience with regulatory and/or accreditation policies preferred
-Excellent organizational, time management, negotiation and problem-solving skills;
-Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
Attention to detail;
-Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written);
-Ability to work effectively in a team setting, as well as independently with limited supervision;
-Professional demeanor; ability to understand boundaries (with external agencies, institutions);
-Ability to work effectively in a diverse multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports an academic internship program providing career development and professional work experience.
- Acts as liaison between the College and employer sponsors, monitoring the success of students' internship experiences
- Supervises student internships, assuring adherence to related College and governmental policies and regulations
- Creates and conducts orientation sessions and workshops for students in the internship program; coordinates applications, interviews, and placement as part of overall student outreach
- Provides faculty orientation and development related to internship programs
- Implements and evaluates competencies and other success factors
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter and three professional references (name, title,
organization, and contact information).
July 3, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.