The Pahara Institute’s mission is to provide transformative development opportunities for American education leaders. We select innovative leaders within the non-profit schools sector who are committed to equity and opportunity for all children. We focus on a diverse set of leaders with a specific priority on representation and inclusion of leaders who share life experiences with our most marginalized and underserved student populations.
The Pahara Institute is looking for a self-starter who enjoys the excitement of new initiatives. This role reflects the projected growth of Pahara’s programs and a desire to support and contribute to strengthening the impact of our network. This position will be primarily responsible for the implementation of our Network Effect Programs and will support the Senior Vice President on program design, operations, and implementation. The Program Manager must believe in the power of relationships and networks to create change in a complex field, have a track record of planning and implementing virtual and in-person events with excellence, and keep a positive attitude during a period of ambiguity and scale.
The Program Manager is expected to support our Network Effect work in the achievement of the following :
Project Management & Support
- Own Network Effect department’s program calendar and work plans, and manage up to Senior Vice President to ensure that department workflow is on track, proactively flagging any risk of missed milestones and adjusting accordingly;
- Determine processes and systems for amplifying Fellows work and connecting Fellows to spark collaboration, working with the External Relations Department and Director of Data.
- Ensure the annual program plans and goals are incorporated into specific work plans;
- Manage day-to-day interactions with Pahara’s program partners;
- Manage the Network Effect budget and build systems to ensure consistent and reliable budget management of Pahara’s Network Effect;
- Provide thorough and thoughtful research support for curriculum design work by searching for, reading, tracking, and summarizing potential curriculum content; and
- Complete special projects as assigned related to program design and support.
- Lead project management to ensure excellent preparation for events;
- Serve as a facilitator for some aspects of virtual and in-person content;
- Orchestrate virtual and in-person event experiences that inspire, challenge, and deepen community amongst participants;
- Lead onsite logistics, including being the primary point of contact for all program participants, facilitators, and vendors while onsite for events;
- Exercise discretion to independently resolve issues that arise during or before events, including conflicts with vendors and on-site staff;
- Serve as a behind-the-scenes facilitator of video conferencing software to ensure virtual events run smoothly with surveys, break-out rooms, and screen sharing;
- Interact with individuals and groups in a way that nurtures their mutual commitment to dialogue and generating solutions; and
- Ensure quality expectations and budget goals are met or exceeded for each seminar or event.
Evaluation and Database Management
- Support the fundraising efforts of the organization by tracking Fellow data, stories, and anecdotes that bring to life program evaluation data and illustrate the impact of Pahara;
- Ensure Pahara’s network activity is well documented and appropriate “news” is elevated for broadcasting on relevant external communications channels, via collaboration with the external relations team and Senior Vice President;
- Ownership over program participants’ data to ensure timely data entry, verification, and accuracy;
- Contribute to the Salesforce and Data working group to:
- Provide input to how programs use data and reports; and
- Assist with data classification and cleanup projects as requested;
- Draft and administer quantitative assessments for event content, communicate with program participants about surveys, and analyze survey results;
- Track survey results and other metrics and ensure timely sharing of data with the fundraising team; and
- Track ongoing lessons learned for program evaluation and year-end reporting.
- Schedule, take notes, and track to-dos for department meetings;
- Keep all department documents up to date and accurately filed, manage department file structure, and assist with detailed and high-quality review of documents; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Pahara is a strong fit for people who are responsible, committed to continuous learning and excellence, and willing to be authentic and vulnerable at work.
Specifically, we seek team members who exhibit the following characteristics:
- Commitment to equity of all types, and a demonstrated track record of grappling with dismantling systemic and institutionalized racism;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and foster an environment of inclusiveness and belonging in a virtual organization;
- Ability to manage and adapt to ambiguity productively, particularly in a time of growth and rapid change;
- Enjoys thinking creatively about complex issues and has strategies for building systems grounded in abundance;
- Commitment to solving inequity in American education;
- Finds feedback and candid conversations refreshing and crucial to building excellent products and systems; and
- Orientation toward excellence and results in all work products.
Compelling candidates will have:
- Interest in learning more about the impact of networks and designing leadership development programs for diverse groups of leaders;
- Independent project management experience, preferably within a program management setting;
- Experience with event logistics, providing excellent logistical support to program participants, and exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
- A proven track record of interacting at all levels within an organization, both internally and externally, on various projects with multiple stakeholders;
- Experience with applying a racial equity and social justice lens to all aspects of design and event management;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to handle confidential information, and an understanding of the issues around participant confidentiality;
- Enthusiasm for traveling frequently for week-long trips, up to 40% of the time to Bailey, Colorado; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications, Salesforce or other CRM platform, and the ability to type at least 60 WPM.
The Program Manager will report to the Senior Vice President in the Network Effect and Operations Department.
We are a virtual organization by design so that our people can work where they have built their lives. Our campus in the Denver area will serve as a hub for our work and as the main location for all in-person events. This position must be excited and able to travel up to 40% overnight, primarily to Bailey, Colorado.