Full Time Temporary
Details: $15-$18 Hourly
901 4th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The District of Columbia Bar has an opening for a temporary Membership Assistant (MA) in the Membership Department. This position offers full-time hours (35) during the summer. Daily workflow is overseen by the Member Experience Manager (MEM). This position reports to the Associate Director, Membership (ADM).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs data entry for address changes, status changes and other updates to member records using established policies and procedures; updates membership database when necessary.
2. Assists the MES by compiling various member data for reports.
3. Answers telephone inquiries about membership matters and other customer inquiries. Composes and distributes correspondence to inquiries.
4. Maintains general knowledge of services and benefits offered to Bar members.
5. Assists with email subscriptions sent out to Bar members.
6. Assists with mailing out annual registration statements, re-mailing of dues statements and Washington Lawyer address change cards.
7. Follows and maintains knowledge of the Bar’s Payment Card Industry (PCI) Standards.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides back-up to the Sr. Member Services Assistants
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. An Associate’s degree from an accredited university or college with a minimum of two years of relevant work experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience equal to four or more years.
2. One or more years of experience working in a membership association, a similar nonprofit organization, or law office is a plus.
3. One or more years of experience with membership databases is highly desirable.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Must work well under pressure, set and meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
7. Must work well in a team environment and able to interact with Bar members, volunteers, vendors, the public and Bar staff.
8. Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
This position is eligible for any benefits mandated by law.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time based on the Bar’s needs.
The D.C. Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required