Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
The Assistant Director, Constituency and Development (ADCD) will have primary responsibility for the management and coordination of AJC New England’s rapidly developing constituency cultivation and enrollment program. In addition, she will work with the Development Director, other staff, and leadership to ensure that AJC reaches its annual revenue goals through annual campaigns, honoree dinners, planned giving, prospect management, constituency development and foundations and major gifts initiatives. The successful candidate will join an AJC office that is entrepreneurial and enjoys a highly motivated team that is invested in excellence and committed to building AJC’s presence in the Greater Boston market. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the general programming work of AJC in Boston.
The Assistant Director, Constituency and Development, does all of this while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
Constituency and Enrollment Responsibilities
· Prospect Management Program – Serve as primary coordinator of AJC New England’s prospect management program that will ensure that prospects arising from different AJC initiatives are vetted and advanced into our organization in a coordinated way that ensures that all staff and leadership are working together and guided by a shared set of assumptions.
· Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) – Oversee growth and development of WLI with the goal of it becoming a robust source of new board and development leadership.
· LFT Parent Program – Oversee growth and development of this project with the goal of identifying those top prospects who we should cultivate for deeper AJC involvement.
· Global Advocacy Fellows – Serve as primary coordinator for the establishment of the annual cohort of top AJC prospects. Work with staff colleagues on the design and organization of each program. Oversea the cultivation of select successful graduates.
· Governance Committee – Support the Director in management and advancement of all Governance functions.
Primary Fundraising Responsibilities:
· Work with the Development Director to manage the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts, including related events and all aspects of donor management and cultivation
· Manage development related events, including event strategy, design and mailing of invitations, coordination of event logistics, management of vendor relations, organize and lead solicitation process, and other necessary activities
· Support donor recognition activities
· Work closely with AJC Boston’s lay leaders to advance the campaign and serve as a primary point of contact for the day-to-day coordination of solicitation activity
· In coordination with the Development Director serve as an important point of staff contact for members of the Advancement Committee
· Manage AJC’s nominations and leadership cultivation efforts
· Oversee management of gift entry and donor information into national and local database
· Coordinate with communications staff to ensure effective marketing to donor community
· Coordinate with program staff to ensure donors are engaged and aware of AJC’s impact
· Work collaboratively with AJC’s National Development Department
· Assist in the planning and execution of general AJC programs and activities
· Perform other tasks as needed to support overall office effectiveness
· Participate in the development of annual strategic plan
· Market planned giving materials to local members and coordinate follow up with national AJC planned giving office; identify and enroll planned giving prospects
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of, and a strong commitment to, Jewish issues and the objectives of AJC and have strong ties to the Boston philanthropic community. The best candidate will be an experienced, goal-oriented development professional with planning and management skills and a proven track record of fundraising success with significant experience in donor cultivation, major gift solicitation and stewardship.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 5-7 years of experience working in a non-profit setting in role that has called for intensive lay contact.
· Passion for AJC’s mission (including the safeguarding of Israel and the fight against terrorism and global anti-Semitism).
· Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments.
· Capacity to comfortably handle large volume of work and interface with multiple parties to advance our work.
· Strong organizational, project-management and time management skills, ability to manage data and develop, implement, and oversee a budget.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
· Ability to creatively and practically solve problems, to multi-task and work on many projects simultaneously;
· A self-starter, willing to take initiative, with an entrepreneurial mindset, who can work independently or collaboratively with professional and lay leadership.
· Availability for early morning, evening, and weekend meetings, as required.
· Proficiency in Raiser's Edge (or is a proven quick learner) and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/raagih316nbacd/
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the…
Full Comprehensive Benefits Package
Full Comprehensive Benefits Package