171 Grove St
You are responsible, flexible and personable, have at least one season of experience working on a production farm, (or have experience working physically demanding jobs) and can be happy working as an integral part of a small farm crew. You’re ready to take on the physically demanding schedule, tasks, pace and inevitable challenges of the farm season with consistency and good humor. You’re ready each day to learn, take and give direction, be patient with yourself and others and are excited about working intensely with all types of people. You have the ability and interest to work long hours outside in any type of weather – wind, rain, heat, cold; can comfortably and safely lift and carry 40 lbs. and have a valid driver’s license.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Greenhouse work, participate in all aspects of greenhouse work and management
- Crop production; participate in all aspects of field management under the leadership of the Farm Manager, including but not limited to: weed management, harvesting, transplanting, direct seeding and overall land stewardship on our property.
- Enthusiasm for working with volunteers and interns out in the field—you will lead individual volunteers and group volunteers of all abilities in field tasks.
- Harvest and post harvest tasks—we harvest daily for our markets and wholesale accounts and Apprentices take the lead in the wash area and maintain organization in our walk-in cooler
- Distribution: assist in vegetable distribution to our markets and wholesale accounts. Experience in customer service and ability to talk with customers is very important.
- Be clean and organized! We pay close attention to creating a clean and organized farm—you must be respectful of using shared tools and space.
- Desire to participate in the City Green community while at work—participate in daily morning and afternoon meetings with the farm crew. Our apprentices work together most of the time—you must like working with other people!
- Ability to show up on time every day and be excited about working for a farm that find success in routine and structure—while finding joy in the way farm work can change from day to day. (in other words, be adaptable, while enjoying structure!)
- Drivers license preferred
Ability to lift up to 40 pounds regularly & ability and willingness to work in often uncomfortable physical positions for short or long periods of time (example: we work on our hands and knees often and we work outside in all weather).
This is a 30 to 33-week position starting in early-to-mid-April and ending in late October (start and end dates are somewhat flexible). Hours range from 35-50/week throughout the season and compensation is $11/hour and access to all the farm veggies you can use!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Open until filled!