58 East 68th St
The Council on Foreign Relations is creating innovative educational resources, which seek to equip students and the interested public with the skills, knowledge, and perspective—the global literacy—required to understand the forces, ideas, and institutions that shape our world. These resources include World101, a growing library of multimedia primers explaining the fundamentals of international relations and U.S. foreign policy; and Model Diplomacy, a multimedia simulation program that invites participants to role-play in the context of National Security Council and UN Security Council meetings. Both products come with an array of teaching resources and activities aimed at high school and college instructors and their students.
This role will serve as Editor, Education on a small team of staff editors and interns to help create, produce, and manage a growing range of multimedia content for CFR’s World101 course.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Generating content ideas in collaboration with Education department senior management
- Managing a small team of staff editors and interns to produce original content, including text and multimedia materials, for CFR’s educational products
- Ensuring all educational content is written according to Council style and with World101/Model Diplomacy tone
- Overseeing research processes by setting deadlines, reviewing research and writing, and monitoring project progress
- Communicating with and interviewing experts on a wide-range of topics
- 4+ years of related experience in a deadline-driven environment
- Prior experience in leading a team
- Degree in international relations, history, journalism, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in international relations and global news
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and proofreading skills
- Flexible, positive, team-oriented attitude and ability to independently balance multiple projects. Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to interact with editors, creative vendors, experts, and senior management
- Experience with digital publishing, web production best practices, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
Minimum Education Required