2348 Adam Clayton Powell Junior Boulevard
IRIS HOUSE, INC.
Position Title: Senior Health Educator Reports to: Director of Testing & Outreach
Position status: Non-Exempt Location: Iris House Westside Office
<img src="//:0" height="3" width="626">
The Senior Health Educator will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of PROMISE, the CDC high impact prevention intervention and supervision of the peer advocates. The position will participate in recruiting for, organizing and facilitating the community level intervention PROMISE and will be responsible for related street outreach activities including the distribution of role model stories, HIV prevention education materials/testing information, escorting, when necessary, individuals to test sites, conducting HIV, Hepatitis C and STI testing, record and assist in data collection. Additionally, the Health Educator will be giving referrals for primary care services, social services and to HIV prevention programs and will also be trained on providing HIV, Hepatitis C and STI testing.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Organize, facilitate and lead the PROMISE intervention for Women of Color and facilitate curriculum activities and group discussion utilizing strong group facilitation skills. Identify sites and locations to recruit peer advocates. Assist peers in creating role model stories based on personal accounts. Distribution of role model stores and prevention materials during community outreach and on social media sites to help reduce the risk of HIV/AIDS.
2. Continuous formative evaluation to capture behavior change within the intervention population.
3. Provide educational and resource information and/or engage potential clients into Iris House programs. Provide referrals and support groups for social and health services. Provide HIV, STI and HCV testing on-site and off-site, HIV tester with experience preferred.
4. Presents Iris House programs and services to other community based organizations, such as medical and service providers and HIV care network organizations, to cultivate and maintain linkage agreements for reciprocal services and to generate referrals for Iris House HIV/AIDS services.
5. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Testing and Outreach.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Human Services or related field or equivalent educational and work experience. PROMISE and HIV, Hepatitis C and STI Testing experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year of group facilitation and outreach experience working with the target population.
Other Requirements: Strong group facilitation skills; Knowledge and understanding of HIV prevention, treatment and care. Excellent communication skills; must be proficient in the use of personal computers. Ability to travel extensively in New York City’s five (5) boroughs.
Contact information: Qualified Candidates please respond via email with a letter of introduction and resume to: Ken De Jesus, Director of Testing and Outreach, @ email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required