Full Time Temporary
270 East Second Street
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. Through its various programs, BFL provides a broad range of residential and non-residential services to disabled survivors of domestic violence, transitional shelter to the disabled homeless, and outreach to physically disabled individuals with mental health and/or chemical addiction issues.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of Accountant on a full time basis. The Accountant will provide support to the accounting and payroll department for four different Programs and report to Director of Finance. The Accountant must be able to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment with an excellent attention to detail. The position requires the ability to prioritize work, demonstrate strong accountability, good judgment, and meet established deadlines.
- Prior Accounting Experience working in a not-for-profit organization
- Perform all bookkeeping functions—including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and vendor management.
- Ensure general ledger integrity and quality control; maintain supporting schedules for various general ledger accounts.
- Ensure correct expense allocation across the different cost centers.
- Assist in the accurate preparation of fiscal reports to funding agencies.
- Responsible for month-end and/or quarter-end closing entries and generating related reports from both Fund EZ and Excel.
- Perform other related duties, including assist with the audit process.
- Assist in running bi-weekly payroll and preparing payroll data reports.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft and accounting package applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and capacity to be detail-oriented.
- Knowledge and versed in Fund EZ accounting software
- Strong general ledger skills
- An understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as they relate to not-for-profit accounting
- Good communication skills
- ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities
- ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work with a diversity of people
- Well versed in Microsoft excel and basic technological aptitude
Start Date: ASAP
Annual Salary: $38,000.00 with full Benefit*
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday to Friday – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
*Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid vacation, Sick days, Personal days, Paid National Holidays and more.
BFL offers an excellent benefits package including: vacation, sick and personal days, comprehensive health insurance, commuter benefits, retirement plan, flexible spending plan, and many more benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please visit the employment page of our website at www.bflnyc.org.
or click the below Link:
ONLY applicants using our online application process on our website will be considered.