333 Nahanton St.
JCC Greater Boston is seeking a self-motivated Marketing Coordinator with an interest in mission-driven work to provide day-to-day support to the Marketing Department, in particular to the Account Directors. Responsibilities will include support of omni-channel marketing strategy through: distribution of press releases and postings to community partners, updating JCC Greater Boston’s website, creation of marketing emails, printed marketing materials, marketing content and assets; vendor management; and social media strategy execution. This position is 35 hours per week.
JCC Greater Boston Background:
JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization where families can access a wide range of learning, fitness, camping, and enrichment resources while connecting with a vibrant local Jewish community. Serving more than 50,000 people each year, we engage more Jews and the people in their lives than almost every other Jewish institution in Boston combined. We offer employees competitive benefits as well as discounts to many of our programs and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Write and distribute press releases and postings to external websites, publications, and organizations.
- Assist in content and asset management for JCC Greater Boston website
- Assist in updating JCC Greater Boston website functionality and usability
- Support email marketing strategy
- Work with designer to create promotional marketing materials to support agency programming
- Manage in-house distribution of marketing materials
- Take photographs for use across marketing platforms and materials
· Assist with additional projects assigned by department
· General office work: word processing, data entry, mailings, etc.
· Work with outside vendors including print production, direct mail, and promotional materials providers
· Execute social media strategy and identify areas of opportunity
· Traffic internal projects from inception through delivery
- Participate as a team member in Marketing Department events
- Other duties as required by business needs
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
Education: BA/BS preferred
Experience and Skills:
- 1-2 years Marketing experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
· Self-starter with the ability to own projects from start to finish
- Expertise in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience using a CMS or with HTML a plus
- Experience using social media platforms
- Experience with Photoshop a plus
- Great interpersonal skills and professional manner that fosters positive interaction with departments across the agency
- Ability to manage deadlines while executing multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional organizational skills required
- Team player with a sense of humor and desire to work as part of a group
- Demonstrated success in managing projects, managing and escalating issues as appropriate
- Knowledge of the Greater Boston Jewish community a plus
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to JCC Greater Boston’s mission
Competitive salary and benefits.
Minimum Education Required