30 Willow Street
Major responsibility is to oversee the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events for teens. Additional responsibilities include the oversight of program staff and department budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· In conjunction with department staff, provide a variety of programming options reflective of the BGCB Teen Program, ensuring that teens have the opportunity to participate in activities representative of all BGCB core program areas: arts, education, leadership and life skills, sports, fitness and recreation, and technology. Programming may take the form of daily activities, projects, multi-week programs, and clubs. The Director will also run individual programs, activities, trips, etc.
· Supervise and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
· Manage and oversee BGCB program activity standards as determined each year.
· Develop and implement collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate.
· Coordinate program partners and consultants who can offer related instruction, support and guidance to members.
· Assessing our impact is critical to our work. All staff is expected to participate in various evaluation efforts throughout each program year, including the annual member survey.
· Orient, train and supervise department staff as assigned.
· Provide annual performance evaluations for applicable staff in a timely manner.
· Secure, maintain and monitor budget, materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a clean and safe program area(s).
· Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
· Travel between sites and to activities as needed
· Other related duties as specified by the Director of Operations.
General BGCB Expectations:
· Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
· Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
· Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
· Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demands):
· Bachelor’s degree required, equivalent experience considered.
· Direct experience developing and delivering a wide variety of programming and support services for teens.
· Knowledge of trends in recreation activities, community service and leadership activities for teens.
· Minimum one year supervisory experience.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
· MS Office and web competency preferred.
· Must be or become CPR/FA certified.
· Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
· Valid driver’s license required.
Schedule: Mon – Fri, 1:00p - 8:30p
Minimum Education Required