Middle School/High School Program Manager
This position will serve as the Middle School and High School Program Manager for Vera Court Neighborhood Center (VCNC). This position will have direct service in youth programming, supervise all middle school staff including a team of AmeriCorps members and be a member of the center management team responsible for the day to day operation of the center. Strong candidates will be able to manage a diverse set of responsibilities, multiple projects and work with a highly motivated staff in a community setting. This is the ideal position for an individual looking to have a leadership role in the management of nonprofit agency.
MS/HS Program Director Responsibilities:
- Coordinate/facilitate middle school academic Rise program. Includes planning, developing, staffing, and reporting all Rise activities.
- Work with Center Program Director in developing Rise expectations, outcomes, and long-term planning.
- Coordinate/facilitate the Middle School and High School Youth Leadership program: an empowerment program that focuses on engaging youth in the areas of life skills, community leadership, civic engagement, youth voice and being college or career ready.
- Recruit middle school and high school age youth participants committed to succeeding in school and in the community.
- Outreach in schools, in the community, and through other service providers.
- Staff program during all meeting times. Rise: Monday-Friday 2:00-5:30 pm. MS/HS Leadership Program two evenings per week.
- Daily supervision to a team of 2-4 AmeriCorps PASS members. Including weekly check-ins with AmeriCorps members, monthly check-in with AmeriCorps program, performance reviews, and AmeriCorps trainings.
- This also includes the recruitment, orientation and training of all AmeriCorps members.
- Supervise Girl Neighborhood Power (GNP) Program Coordinator. Working with Elementary Program Director to help oversee the Elementary portion of the GNP position.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers and interns working with the program.
- Maintain positive relationships with local MS and HS teachers, social workers, and MMSD administration.
- Offer in-school support to Rise participants through regular visits to classrooms/study halls during school hours.
- Coordinate/Facilitate the 8-week Middle School summer camp program for 25-30 youth.
- Maintain regular parent contact of participants.
- Build positive relationships with youth and their families.
- Daily, weekly and monthly record-keeping of participants and
- program attendance, completing quarterly and annual program reports.
- Serve as a role model for all youth and staff. Conduct should be respectful and emphasize appropriate positive values.
- This position reports to the Center Program Director.
Administrate Team Member Responsibilities:
- Share administrative duties associated with day to day operation of center.
- Participate in shared programming duties of the center that includes program development, coordinating volunteer efforts, family and community engagement events, program/center reporting, and community outreach.
- Continually work with VCNCs team of directors, coordinators and staff to develop short, medium and long-range goals and implement plans for program improvement, expansion and evaluation.
- Develop, streamline and/or enhance internal systems that support center programs (examples may include volunteer management, staff development resources, and program documentation).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (or the equivalent in education and experience) and a minimum 2 years’ experience working with middle or high school youth.
- Demonstrated knowledge of coordinating and facilitating middle or high school programming.
- At least 21 years of age with a clean driving record and the ability to drive a 15-passenger van.
- At least 2 years’ experience of direct supervision of staff and volunteers.
- Skilled in building and maintaining relationships with families, schools, and organizations.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and ability to facilitate a positive team environment.
- Appreciation of ethnically diverse populations.
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking skills a plus.
- VCNC is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
Posting Deadline is Friday, May 14th
All applications must include a resume and cover. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This is a full time position with benefits.
Salary will be in the range of $39,000-$43,000 dependent on experience.
Monday, Thursday and Friday 9:00am-6:00pm.
Tuesday and Wednesday (occasional Fridays) 12:00-8:30pm.
More information regarding Vera Court Neighborhood Center can be found at www.veracourt.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $39,000.00 - $43,000.00 per year