Details: Compensation levels are commensurate with experience and training skill levels.
1130 6th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Men Can Stop Rape (MCSR), a DC-based nonprofit that empowers youth to prevent gender-based violence, is seeking energetic, teachable facilitators to serve as contracted facilitators for our Washington, DC, Men of Strength (MOST) Clubs. Under the guidance of MCSR's Director of Youth Development, MOST facilitators will contribute to the sustainability and growth of Men Can Stop Rape’s youth development programming.
Direct service through youth development programs are the cornerstone of MCSR's work. Since 2000, the Men of Strength (MOST) Club – the premiere primary prevention program for male youth in the country – has provided middle and high school age men with a structured and supportive space to learn about healthy masculinity and translate learning into community leadership. MOST Club facilitators will serve male youth ages 12-19 in the DC metropolitan area public, charter, and private schools.
- At least two years of experience in training and/or working with youth, parents, and professionals.
- Strong professional boundaries.
- Understanding of social and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to listen and be empathetic.
- All candidates must successfully complete MCSR's training curriculum.
- Understanding of gender-based violence and social justice issues preferred.
- Must have own car and valid driver's license.
- Must be able to complete all background requirements.
- Must be available mid-day and early evening during the week, as occasionally on weekends.
Compensation levels are commensurate with experience and training skill levels. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Positions are open until filled. No phone calls please.
Men Can Stop Rape is committed to equal opportunity in employment and, in accordance with the District of Columbia Human Rights Act of 1977, as amended, does not discriminate on the basis of "race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, source of income, and place of residence or business."
Minimum Education Required