The Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator is a passionate and collaborative individual committed to social justice and racial equity who will work to support the smooth and efficient operations of the Interaction Institute of Social Change (IISC) Board of Directors, President and Leadership Team. In addition, they will support and coordinate key organizational meetings and assist with special projects to support IISC leadership. They will handle scheduling for the IISC President and IISC Senior Associates (currently five lead consultants and trainers) in the United States. Lastly, they will manage small or discrete client projects requiring coordination.
The Executive Assistant should have demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, working with undefined and shifting priorities, and diverse people with many different backgrounds.
The role requires these competencies:
• Excellent organizational skills, including a strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Strong relational and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent listening and communication skills, with sensitivity to differing communication styles.
• Strong critical thinking skills necessary to analyze complex information and situations and solve problems.
• Ability to adapt to new technology quickly and contribute to improving the way IISC uses multiple modes of technology.
• Strong typing skills.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
Education and Years of Experience
• Experience supporting executive leaders is required.
• Experience with boards of directors a plus.
• Minimum of five years of related, progressively responsible work experience, including extensive scheduling and meeting management experience.
Our values are as important as the skillsets you will provide to our organization.
Values: These values will guide IISC in our work internally and externally:
- We believe that social change is possible when three key elements are attended to: shared power and equity, network building, and love as a force for social change
- We believe that transformative leadership is the kind of leadership we need in the 21st century
- We believe in people’s right to be involved in the decisions that affect them so that they have influence over the quality of their lives
- We believe in the dignity of all human beings and in taking care of our planet so that we can all live healthy lives and our communities can thrive
If you believe in our values and hold the competencies and experience listed above please send resume and cover letter with your salary requirements.
IISC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Generous benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Start date will be as soon as possible after hiring.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.