1864 Post Road
Person-to-Person (“P2P” – www.p2phelps.org), a volunteer-driven social services agency with locations in Darien, Stamford and Norwalk, CT, seeks a part-time Site Support Associate for its Darien Office. P2P provides emergency financial assistance, food, clothing, scholarship assistance, and summer camperships to clients from Greater Stamford and Greater Norwalk. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within the social service sector.
Reporting to the Darien Site & Operations Manager, the Site Support Associate duties include face-to-face customer service, deliveries, errands, maintenance and more. The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, a quick learner, flexible, collaborative, with a sense of humor. P2P seeks candidates with a connection to P2P’s mission, as well as to the workplace values of diversity and respect. Come join a dedicated team of professionals and volunteers who make a difference in people’s lives.
Skills & Requirements:
• Self-motivated and customer service oriented
• Responsible and accountable, can work unsupervised. Must enjoy working with others on a team.
• Organized and detail-oriented, with a good aptitude for logistics and ability to manage work while maintaining a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
• Ability to drive a 15-foot box truck. No special driver’s license needed. Clean driving record a must.
• Warm, welcoming and responsive personality with outstanding interpersonal communication skills
• Responsibilities include
o loading and unloading trucks,
o merchandise stocking in food pantry and clothing center
o assisting donors with dropping off donations,
o working with volunteers and
o maintaining a clean, well-organized work environment, inside and on the grounds.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, twisting, reaching above shoulders, and or other physical activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. assisted or unassisted.
• Ability to shift gears quickly depending on the needs of the agency.
• Multiple languages a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter to: email@example.com, Attn: Marie Cartagena, Darien Site & Operations Manager. No telephone calls, please.