116 Johnson Road
Hazon works to create healthier and more sustainable communities in the Jewish world and beyond. We’re the largest dedicated environmental organization in the American Jewish community. In aggregate we’re seeking to shift the nature of what it means to be Jewish in the 21st century – enabling and encouraging Jewish people to have an impact in the world and transforming Jewish life in the process. We are based in New York City and the Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center in Falls Village CT. We also have offices in Denver, Boulder, and Detroit.
The ideal candidate will be working full time and must have a flexible schedule, availability to work nights and weekends. This position is based at Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center in Falls Village, CT. The maintenance technician will be supervised by the Maintenance Supervisor. Our campus is defined by guest buildings, staff buildings, office buildings, shared/common spaces, dining room, commercial kitchens, pool and pool house, docks, boats and other spaces.
· Perform work on routine as well as skill specific projects
· Work and communicate effectively as a team member with all staff, including all levels of trained and untrained staff with various skill levels
· Provide maintenance staff coverage for regular work hours, snow storms, nights, weekends, and special events
· Candidate must be available for a regular schedule including nights and weekends
· Ideal candidate should have 3-5 years’ experience in related trades, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, grounds keeping, small engine repairs
· Able to understand trade related technical terms
· Have basic knowledge of hand tools
· Possess a valid driver’s license/insurable
· Able to pass a Criminal Background Check
Full Benefits Package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Maintenance Technician” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Hazon is strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. Hazon will make all employment decisions for staff and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, alienage, citizenship or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and development, benefits, promotion, demotion transfer, discipline or termination. All Hazon staff, regardless of position, are expected to maintain and live up to the true meaning of nondiscrimination.