The TEAK Fellowship is a ten-year enrichment program that offers New York City students from under-resourced communities intensive after-school and summer academic classes, transformational cultural experiences, secondary school, and college guidance, a vibrant internship program, and robust support system. TEAK students earn admission/financial aid at our Nation’s most prestigious academic institutions and graduate from them determined to make an impact on communities in need of their contributions and leadership.
TEAK is seeking a driven, collaborative, and highly organized individual with a passion for TEAK’s mission to serve as the Director of Communications and Development.
Work under the leadership of the Deputy Director of External Relations to develop and implement strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts for major donors including:
- Solicitation of individual donors, foundations, and corporate support, and producing special events
- Manage foundation grants including submission, reporting, and identifying new opportunities
- Facilitate fundraising efforts by TEAK’s Next Generation Board and Alumni fundraising
- Plan and execute various fundraising & cultivation events throughout the year, including one major benefit for 400+ partners and the Next Gen Board event for 250 young New York professionals
- Increase the visibility of the TEAK brand through communications strategies including print and digital publications, the website, social media, and PR
- Design evaluation strategies and collect program data
- Support Executive Director & Development Committee in preparation of Board materials
- Host donor site visits and stewardship meetings
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree in relevant field preferred
- 7-10 years of professional experience in non-profit development with a proven record of success in meeting annual fundraising goals
- Demonstrated success as an effective communicator in written and verbal form, including exceptional interpersonal, networking, and presentation skills
- Experience overseeing a fundraising database
- Experience with non-profit budgeting and finances
- Demonstrated experience in successfully directing others
- Demonstrated teamwork and experience in a collaborative work setting
- Superb attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task with high-volume workloads
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- A strong eye for design
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with various stakeholders including students, alumni, staff, Board, and program partners.
- A commitment to TEAK’s mission
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with the subject line: “Director of Communications and Development.” Due to volume, only candidates moving forward in the process will be notified.