Duties & Responsibilities
HMX is an educational initiative at Harvard Medical School dedicated to creating fully online courses on foundational topics in medicine. These courses are led by Harvard Medical School faculty, working in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of experts in biomedical visualization, assessment, and the science of learning. The instruction is based on principles derived from educational research to improve learning and retention and relies on best practices in scientific visualization.
The Operations Assistant reports to the Academic Operations Manager and is responsible for supporting the Operations team in delivering excellent online learning experiences to students. This position also provides administrative and clerical support for the office as a whole.
- Supporting the administration of online courses, including
- Supporting the process of registering and enrolling students
- Maintaining records and data files associated with student activation and enrollment
- Assisting with email communications and support queries
- Supporting course marketing and student recruitment by answering queries from prospective learners, assisting in managing student lists, and coordinating email outreach
- Processing and maintaining organized records of financial transactions for the office, including
- Purchasing supplies and equipment
- Processing invoice payments to vendors and employee reimbursements
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are paid and up-to-date, such as software subscriptions and vendor invoices
- Organizing contracts, invoices, receipts, and employee reimbursements into a paper and electronic filing system
- General office management and maintenance, including
- Acting as the primary administrative contact for building-related issues, including coordinating with facilities and security teams and receiving mail and packages
- Scheduling meetings for the group and maintaining conference room bookings, ordering food, and reserving parking for faculty and visitors
- Other duties as assigned
3 years of work experience in administration, higher education, education operations or other student services environment. Education beyond high school may count toward experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Dropbox, a quick study of new computer programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Prior experience with learning management systems and/or student services
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complementary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please go directly to the website to apply.