Details: Depends on Experience
119 West Palm Street
About Alma Fuerte Public School
We believe a school should be more than preparation for the next grade. More than high school or college prep. We believe a school should prepare children to embrace their humanness and become the creators, innovators, and leaders of tomorrow.
Our world and our communities are increasingly facing challenges requiring “first principles thinking.” Where deeply creative problem solving and ongoing comfort with facing challenges is the only path to solutions at the limits of human knowledge and where integrating with teams and technology is critical to building a better world.
Alma Fuerte will prepare our children for these challenges by immersing them in an environment that simulates entrepreneurship from the first day of kindergarten and upon graduation, they will have launched a company of their design.
Through your teaching creativity, our students will develop social and leadership skills, emotional management skills, as well as developing a deep understanding of how they uniquely learn, how they think creatively, how to solve complex problems with systemic answers, and execute with excellence to turn their visions into reality.
- We are located in Altadena, CA
- We are currently serving Grades TK – 3, expanding a grade each year until we reach 8thGrade
- We opened August 2017
What does this position include?
- You will be a vital part of the Alma Fuerte team, providing instruction and support to students as identified by the Academic Director and teaching staff
- Your schedule would be approximately 15 hours per week, 3 hours per day on average.
- You will work closely with special education service providers as needed to meet needs of individual students
- You will be integral to the IEP process, ensuring that students' progress is monitored and that all IEP regulations are being followed for each IEP student.
- You will use your expertise to observe, evaluate and monitor behavior patterns in students. These observations will assist Alma Fuerte in providing any additional testing or support a student may need.
- You will be responsible for coordination between parents, colleagues, and administration, ensuring that student goals are met through careful planning and support of all parties.
- You will provide technical expertise to teachers and staff as it relates to serving students with special needs (gifted, students with disabilities, etc.)
- You will establish effective working relationships with teachers, staff and parents
- You will demonstrate teaching strategies and utilize materials considered appropriate and effective in meeting both academic and non-academic needs of identified students with special needs
- You will provide consultation to school staff and parents which may relate to student assessment, specialized instruction or behavior management
- You will help train volunteer tutors in working with students
There are certain things we need you to have...
- Enthusiasm for and strong commitment to Alma Fuerte’s values, mission and educational philosophy
- A California Mild to Moderate Special Education Credential with a RSP certification desired for Intervention/Resource Specialist
- Experience working with students with disabilities and other diverse learners, including differentiation techniques
- A minimum of 2 year’s teaching at the TK-8 level, ideally in a high-performing public school
- Experience in guiding and implementing the Individualized Educational Plan process.
- Ability to administer and interpret results of assessment instruments
- Commitment and experience working with a diverse population
- Experience working with parents and families
- Experience with community resources referrals
- Excellent communicator and facilitator
- Comfortable with a start-up environment, including fast growth and flexible roles
- You are eligible to work in the US
THINGS THAT MAKE US PRETTY HAPPY…
It would also make us happy if….
- You are familiar the power of growth mindset
- You’ve been a founding teacher at a school or department in a school previously.
- You bring candor to your work and communications with others
- You are an awesome team member
- Kids with energy excite you instead of exhausting you.
- Your mission in life is to make the world a better place through education.
- You had 2+ years’ experience in project-based learning, blended learning, data-driven instruction, social-emotional learning
- You had prior experience with integrating technology programs into the classroom, and in using digital technology on a regular basis.
- You also possessed literacy expertise
- You also had an advanced degree (e.g., Masters degree)
- You had prior experience employing Culturally Relevant Teaching in your classrooms.
- You had prior experience working with English learners
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to Anne Lee, Director of Operations, at email@example.com.