Details: Yearly Salary
Do you find the typos and inconsistencies in your organization's collateral? Do you rewrite headlines in your mind? If so, this job is for you.
We're looking for a Content Editor with your attention to detail to champion consistency and quality across organization materials. This position is tailor made for the writing and editing enthusiast, who enjoys leading content strategy to grow member interest and engagement. Your desire to bring creativity, curiosity, and innovative thinking to ACOG materials is a pivotal role on ACOG's Marketing and Communications team.
- Develop and oversee governance, best practices and voice for organization content and messaging to ensure effective and consistent organization-wide messaging with members and stakeholder groups.
- Maintain department's editorial style guide, serving as resident expert for the organization on grammar, style, voice and related editorial topics.
- Lead the creation and distribution of all ACOG newsletters, including monthly member enewsletter and chapter enewsletters.
- Directly develop and/or oversee the development of compelling, brand-based content such as website information, articles, emails, presentations, videos, blog posts, and social media posts.
- Edit and proof all ACOG communications including emails, enewsletters, and other marketing materials like print, optimizing for ACOG's voice, tone, and search engine ranking while ensuring proper grammar and spelling.
- Participate in campaign planning collaboratively with team members to identify content asset opportunities, informational gaps, and create a content plan.
- Keep up-to-date on the best content marketing trends (and telling us which ones to avoid), ensuring our content is always engaging and effective.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience that includes development, editing, and production of digital communications including emails, enewsletters, blogs, web content, and more.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills, solid editorial judgement, verbal communication, coordination, and project management skills.
- Attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to fact check and proofread for accuracy in spelling, grammar, and format.
- Courage to contribute ideas and take initiative toward shared goals while working collaboratively with staff and stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience with SEO, social media, email, and digital marketing practices.
- Experience with a content management system such as SiteCore, and an email management system such as Magnet Mail preferred.
- Experience with non-profit associations, with experience and/or passion for women's health highly desirable.
- Occasional travel may be required.
100% Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Work/Life Design (i.e. flexible work schedule) – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Health Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings
- Our passionate team! Our team is led by experts in reproductive and maternal-fetal medicine, patient safety, and health care policy. We strongly believe in equal access for all women to high quality, safe health care. Our obsession with reducing maternal mortality, protecting access to contraception coverage, and addressing health disparities, has led to great strides in federal and state legislation. Join our team and help us advance the ob-gyn profession and women's health care.
- We love to learn! As an educational organization, ACOG provides learning opportunities to members and employees alike. Our learning opportunity benefits include tuition reimbursement, onsite instructor-led trainings, leadership development programs, and participation in professional organizations.
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required