Chief of Employer Partnerships and Workforce Innovations - Full Time
- Job posted by Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow
As Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) celebrates it’s 35th Anniversary, we are looking for a dynamic Chief of Employer Partnerships and Workforce Innovations who can help shape the next phase of our growth and ensure that the organization is well-positioned to deliver high impact employer partnerships and job opportunities for the communities we serve. The Chief of Employer Partnerships and Workforce Innovations will partner with other senior leaders to develop a strong placement pipeline that delivers high return on investment (ROI) for all stakeholders involved, including company partners and program participants. This person will additionally help with the associated organizational changes that will ensure the successful achievement of our outcomes.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief of Employer Partnerships and Workforce Innovations will prospect, develop and cultivate relationships with companies across the New York City (NYC) to partner with on a range of solutions from employment opportunities to other forms of program engagement. We are looking for a motivated and passionate professional who has demonstrated experience developing key relationships and partnerships, managing teams and a deep strategic thinker excited to help shape and grow our organizational impact and position within Workforce Development.
Who We Are and Where We Are Going:
OBT, a premier Workforce Development organization in NYC, is in the process of developing its next phase of growth, focused on expanding employment opportunities for our clients. Established in 1983 we have established a proven track record as a strong community-based organization. We have assisted thousands of NYC opportunity youth and adults gain critical skills and obtain employment. As a leading Workforce Development training not-for-profit, OBT provides a training program that balances high accountability and high support, with the goal of developing self-sufficiency and providing access to quality career pathways. We are excited to continue to develop on our strong foundation and demonstrated success while meeting the challenges and opportunities of the modern workplace.
- Create and own and orchestrate a robust sectoral employer engagement strategy and placement pipeline to be used across OBT’s multiple youth and adult programs
- Cultivate and maintain strong Strategic Partnerships in-line with organizational and program focus areas, to expand our footprint and continuously improve our placement outcomes
- Set monthly, quarterly and annual partnership and placement targets
- Ensure active feedback loop and participation between employers (where applicable) and on- the-ground program teams to inform/improve the curriculum and other program activities
- Design the relevant training, processes and procedures to ensure the successful execution of our engagement strategy
- Alongside the CEO, inform the ideal organizational structure, value proposition and strategy to drive the success of initiatives that lead to highest ROI with employers
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of Workforce Development landscape and available partnerships to ensure optimal positioning for OBT
- Oversee the creation and implementation of the relevant systems and operations that will establish a digital inventory measuring efficacy and drive outcomes for our employers and communities served
- Identify areas of collaboration or structural adjustments across the organization to optimize OBT outcomes
- Manage current team of placement professionals and encourage the sharing of best practices and key learnings across programs; support the hiring and development of new teams as needed
- Execute the relevant training (internally and/or externally) to facilitate the success of these functions
- Coach program directors and staff to ensure they are well-equipped to interact with employer partners as needed
Background and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of partnership, sales or business development experience, preferably in non-profit, business-to-business, or recruiting/staffing solutions
- Established network/relationships with hiring companies and job training programs across NYC
- Strong strategy background; proven ability to design and execute on new, innovative strategies
- Data-driven professional with proven track record of setting and exceeding targets
- Demonstrated success in building and developing teams, as well as implementing impactful strategies from ideation to execution.
- Well-versed in career development paths, sector-based strategies, and corporate partnerships to facilitate outcomes
- Deep understanding and interest in workforce development landscape; passionate about communities we serve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to articulate OBT’s mission and vision to prospective partners
- Adept at cultivating strong relationships with a broad range of diverse stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Ability to excel with limited direction
- High energy, intellectual curiosity, and excitement for OBT’s mission
Why You Should Join Us:
- Competitive salary and full benefits
- Exposure to multiple organizations and agencies providing a variety of services in NYC; expansion of network
- Challenging, entrepreneurial work environment
- Company events and outings (Ongoing professional development; coaching; staff retreats)
- Passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s youth and adult communities
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required