***Seeking Program Director For Our Afterschool Program***
What The Program Represents:
Our Afterschool Program offers a safe, academically enriching and stimulating environment for elementary and middle-school children residing in the Hunts Point neighborhood of the Bronx, as well as enrichment, employment and athletic activities and opportunities for High School students and enrichment and community engagement opportunities and activities for Adults. The program works to provide a range of activities, classes, long-term and short-term community service opportunities and exposure to NYC cultural activities and events. During the school year the Program partners with other providers at the school to assist in the Extended Learning Time extended academic day, to develop specific strategies to address student and family issues including absenteeism, behavior and health/mental health. During the summer the program provides full-day free summer camp and evening and weekend programming for youth and adults.
What The Position Entails:
The Program Director is the lead in overseeing all day to day operations. The Director serves a liaison and collaborator with the surrounding community. They also work with the School Principals, teachers, Community School Director and other programs to insure that the students, and their families, needs are being met. In conjunction with the Associate Vice President of Youth and Community Success, the Director sets the expectations, tone, consistency and outcomes of the program.
Duties & Responsibilities (but not limited to):
In partnership with the branch-wide Association Vice President, the Director will:
- Manage the hiring, development and training of program staff and interns.
- Create programming and/or partnerships that are academically, social/emotionally and athletically engaging for children, youth and families.
- Work in partnership with other school partners and our host school to create a seamless support and enrichment system for the children, youth and families who attend the after school or summer camp program.
- Attend required meetings including those hosted by the Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) and with the school’s leadership.
- Partner with other programs in the Branch and external arts and educational organizations to bolster service options for youth and their families.
- Plan, implement and facilitate community advisory board meetings in partnership with the Community School Director and the School Principal.
- Partner with the school community on special events.
- Represent the agency on relevant external committees and work groups.
- Compile program statistics and reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with licensure, contract and private foundation requirements (i.e. the Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) and the New York City Department of Health).
- Manage the day-to-day administrative operations of the program including Fiscal, Human Resources, Purchasing and DYCD data-input.
What we offer:
Full-Time Position. Our agency offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.
Level of Language Proficiency
What qualifications we are looking for:
- Associate's degree in Child Development, Elementary or Physical Education, Recreation or related degree, or 18 academic credits in the above field.
- (2+) years direct experience working with children 13 years or younger, 2+ years managerial experience; Previous experience supervising children
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking is a plus
- Meet the state licensing requirements for a director of a child care center.
- Demonstrated understanding of child and youth development principles.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to create and manage programming for multiple stakeholders including children and adults.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Practical and strong decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and motivate a team.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through here, thank you!