Reports to: Director of Philanthropic Services
Compensation: This is a full-time, exempt, grade 7 position
Date Available: July 2021
To serve as a senior member of a team that fulfills the end-to-end philanthropic needs of our Premier ($1M+) client base, with a specific focus on clients $10M+.
The Senior Philanthropic Relationship Manager is a lead relationship manager, responsible for delivering on a strategic plan to drive growth and sustainability among our largest accounts. Manages and stewards growth and retention in accounts with aggregate assets greater than $2B. Supports other team members in driving relationships, mitigating client risk, and cultivating growth opportunities; and collaborates with other business units to integrate client needs and solutions to deliver a strategic platform to the Premier client base that is aligned with overall business objectives.
A consultative, enthusiastic, personal and professional approach to Premier clients and targeted prospects, in support of Business Development, is expected to attract prospects and retain donors.
- Develops and executes on a strategy to drive a relationship plan for Vanguard Charitable’s largest accounts ($10M+) in order to gain a deep understanding of the clients’ philanthropic plan for the purpose of retention and long–term growth.
- Creates, manages, and executes a risk/opportunity matrix to understand, strategize and deliver on a plan to mitigate risk and capitalize on opportunities within the portfolio. Reports on risk and opportunity in portfolio to client-facing management.
- Creates and drives an institutional approach to conducting in-depth annual reviews in the form of face-to-face meetings, by phone or through video conferences at least once a year.
- Takes a holistic approach to managing relationships and develops a deep knowledge of what is driving donors’ gifting and granting patterns. Serves as a trusted advisor to the donor and the donor’s interested parties.
- Responsible for a percentage of the organization’s growth goals as dictated by the annual budget.
- Demonstrates and leverages advanced knowledge of philanthropy, including but not limited to Vanguard Charitable investment options, grantmaking, contributions, tax implications, government regulations and Vanguard Charitable policies and guidelines to initiate new business or influence growth or referrals from VC current client base.
- Anticipates challenges and demonstrates accountability for client issues by accepting ownership throughout the problem resolution process and displaying proper judgment. Resolves elevated calls/issues and complaints for Premier accounts and other situations as needed.
- Identifies opportunities and acts on opportunities where Vanguard Charitable can better serve the needs of clients/prospects.
- Serves as an advocate for clients, while balancing business objectives and priorities. Engages other internal or external subject matter experts as needed and leads interaction with donors as appropriate.
- Supports the team in achieving significant accomplishments with a positive impact on departmental results. Takes a “team one” approach within the Philanthropic Services Team.
- Maintains a high level of industry, tax, regulatory, and charitable giving knowledge through formal and informal training opportunities, while avoiding formal counsel and advice to clients/donors.
- Contributes to corporate-wide talent-efforts, including but not limited to recruiting. Develops formal and informal mentor relationships within the department and across the business.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of seven years of exceptional client-relations skills required; professional background in the nonprofit sector a plus.
- Collaborates effectively across the business, building and nurturing strong working relationships.
- Conducts self with highest degree of professionalism and competence.
- A quick and versatile learner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to seek out, synthesize and understand key data and relationship elements that influence clients’ philanthropic decisions.
- Ability to read an audience and flex professional style to maximize impact.
- Has a sense of urgency while maintaining professional composure.
- High emotional intelligence and active listening skills, with the ability to flex and adapt based on the feelings of clients.
- Effectively challenges status quo and welcomes and drives debate.
- Strategic agility.
- Strong and clear communicator; both written and verbal.
- Strong organization and time-management skills required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work environments.
- Solid knowledge of, and experience in the charitable giving “business”.
- 10-25% travel required.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with a CRM strongly preferred.
- Successful completion of Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy within 18 months of starting position (CAP) a plus.
- Strategic thinker
- Proactive problem-solver
- Strong relationship builder (both internal and external)
- Ability to manage and resolve complex situations while remaining calm
Vanguard Charitable is not offering employment-based sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.