Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
The Program Assistant is responsible for the administrative support and clerical tasks within a department or program. An Administrative Assistant may work as overall support for a site, or directly as support for one or more members of management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greets visitors and acts as a receptionist for the department or site;
- Answers and directs telephone calls, faxes and mail directed to department or site;
- Monitors the dwelling vacancy, offline and maintenance bulletin board;
- Posts vacancies to Safe Horizon Hotline SORTS WEB computer system.
- Oversees daily HRA attendance sheets and census reports; completes Nightly Call List and dwelling updates.
- Orders, organize and distributes office supplies;
- Accepts and distributes residents mail;
- Coordinate set-up and staffing of events including holiday, workshops, press, donor, and general meetings;
- Utilizes and/or maintains a (HRA SORTS WEB) database;
- Acts as liaison with other departments for purchasing supplies, processing paperwork, obtaining necessary sign-off on documents, etc.;
- Schedules and coordinates both internal and external meetings;
- Processes payment requests, monitors Department spending and budgets;
- Maintains resource materials, completes data entry and runs reports for mailing and letters;
- Writes, proofreads, distributes and files correspondence, reports, memoranda and other documents;
- Other program related clerical duties as necessary
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent budgeting and spreadsheet skills
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Internet research
- Ability to work independently and contribute as an integral part of a team.
- Flexibility and an ability to work with accuracy under pressure in a deadline-driven multi-task environment are crucial.
- High school diploma/GED and three years of related experience or Associate Degree and one year of related experience.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply online via the following website: https://safehorizon.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=646