New Business Development, Clean Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW)
- Job posted by Winrock International - Arlington
The New Business Development (NBD) Portfolio Manager, Clean Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW) position is a highly visible, core team member, managing new business activities and strategy for CEEW. The NBD Manager will manage the new business development process to support technical staff to secure approximately $50 million in funding per year from foundations, private companies, US Government agencies (USAID, MCC, USDA, and others), and other bilateral (e.g., DFID, DFAT and JBIC) or multilateral (such as the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank) donors. This is a high-visibility position with significant responsibility reporting directly to the group Senior Director and coordinating efforts with six unit directors.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and capable individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills; a proven track record of successful pursuit of new clients and in proposal development resulting in program funding and expansion; and the ability to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of headquarters and field office staff to design successful projects and foster donor relationships. This person must be able to actively engage with the private sector and non-traditional donors, and will require overseas travel up to 30 percent of the time.
- Lead new business for the CEEW Group to achieve annual new business targets and long-term growth. This will involve the following:
- Provide strategic direction to portfolio development, including development and implementation of a strategic multi-year growth and diversification plan.
- Manage new business pipeline tracking, forecasting, and analysis to support senior management needs and improve return on investment.
- Work with CEEW technical staff, field offices, partners, and other Winrock teams to conceptualize and design sound technical approaches for new program/funding opportunities.
- Lead the proposal development process on select opportunities. This includes forming and managing proposal teams, as well as ensuring compliance with Winrock and donor requirements and working with HR on recruitment of key personnel.
- Develop institutional relations with potential programmatic partners and coordinate teaming agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other institutional agreements with partners.
- Work with colleagues in External Affairs to develop relationships with the private sector as related to agriculture and enterprise, including high profile public private partnerships that augment funding or add value to existing and new project.
- Represent Winrock before governments, private sector, and other stakeholders regarding programming and priorities for clean energy, water, ecosystem services, forestry and land use.
- Participate in cross-divisional program/project planning, implementation and proposal development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: BS required in fields related to international development, energy, water, forestry and land-use. Master’s Degree desired, not required.
Languages: Fluency in English required; fluency in at least one additional language strongly desired.
- Six to 10 years of international development/non-profit business development experience required, with experience in Africa and/or Asia preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience with relevant technical issues and program areas is essential
- Extensive experience in leading successful business development efforts with diverse donors, including USG (USAID, DoL, MCC, etc.), private sector, foundations, and other independent donors
- Experience managing new business pipeline tracking, forecasting, and market analysis
- Hands-on experience in successful development of proposals/applications to US Government and other bilateral/multilateral agencies
- Knowledge of development programming as well as the application of best practices and program quality standards required
- Demonstrated skills in project planning, budgeting and financial analysis and management
- Excellent communication, writing, editing, and proof-reading skills
- Ability to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities, and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and institutions
- Administrative skills and good knowledge of computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio)
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation methods
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
Minimum Education Required