Details: Commensurate with experience
16 Beacon Street
TO BE CONSIDERED – A COVER LETTER MUST ACCOMPANY RESUME
Leading charitable foundation seeks goal oriented, and highly organized individual to execute high level fundraising campaigns and initiatives. The Development Associate will coordinate outreach and recruitment strategies for our high-level donor program focusing on acquisition of 10,000-50,000 gifts and pledges, in order to grow the endowment. The position will also be responsible for targeted fundraising campaigns to support strategic programs of its sister organization, the Boston Bar Association, particularly those related access to justice for low income individuals, diversity and inclusion and working with youth.
The right candidate will gain significant experience with a wide range of responsibilities and work alongside upper management to hit aggressive fundraising targets. Some specific responsibilities include:
· Execute outreach and solicitation strategies, with a particular focus on engaging $10,000 donors with the potential to increase their level of giving and deepen their support for the organization.
· Plan and execute recruitment and engagement efforts for new Fellows, upgrades, and other significant donors.
· Plan and execute individual fundraising campaigns for the BBF, including coordination for the Annual Campaign, Public Service Donation and Special Fund fundraising. Identify additional opportunities for targeted fundraising, and work collaboratively with communications and marketing staff on collateral and messaging.
· Develop and execute donor recognition and appreciation.
· Serve as the main contact for the Society of Fellows and Junior Fellows Committees, working closely with committee members on recruitment and engagement efforts and events. Schedule meetings, maintain attendance records, track outreach efforts, and compile materials to support the work of these committees.
· Oversee donor acknowledgment and pledge fulfillment including drafting acknowledgement letters, prepare pledge statements and coordinate updates to individual donors on the impact of their donations and other mailings.
· Conduct research, analyze data, prepare donor profiles and provide regular reports to help grow the major donor program as well as other fundraising campaigns. Prepare research needed to segment donor lists and prospects for various appeals.
· Assist with the annual Appreciation breakfast, Open House events, and other special events. Identify the most effective ways to engage key volunteer leadership and prospects through events, and plan the content, materials, invites and speakers.
· Assist with the development of strategies and content generation for newsletters, website, emails, brochures, social media campaigns and the annual report to support the major donor program and fundraising initiatives.
· Manage, regularly update and maintain the integrity of database records and donor information. Ensure accuracy of all donor listings on the website, in emails and print publications.
Other duties as necessary.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
· 2 years of experience in fundraising environment
· strong attention to detail and organizational skills
· strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with volunteer leadership and senior staff
· strong analytical skills
· exceptional writing skills with attention to detail
· possess ability to manage multiple projects independently and as part of a team
· strong customer service skills
· college degree is required
· proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
Paid vacation, sick, and personal leave; 401(k) retirement plan; Health insurance; Dental insurance; Vision insurance; Life, AD&D and LTD insurance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered, a cover letter must accompany resume