Are you passionate about community service? Do you want to contribute to meaningful change?
Safe Passages is recruiting AmeriCorps Academic Intervention Specialists for the 2018-2019 school year. By choosing a year of service with AmeriCorps, you will have the opportunity to help meet critical needs for vulnerable populations in Alameda County, CA. As a member of our Elev8 AmeriCorps team you will develop professional skills, gain hands-on experiences that will reshape your worldview, and change the way you engage with your community — all while making a difference!
The ELEV8 Youth Program is a special project of Safe Passages, a non-profit organization committed to advocating for children, youth, and families with a special emphasis on vulnerable populations within the County of Alameda. AmeriCorps Members provide academic intervention services to a cohort of 10 underperforming youth, with the goal of raising student achievement by a minimum of one full functional grade level. Members are placed at one of 12 schools in Oakland, CA or Union City, CA.
ELEV8 Service Commitment/Member Benefits
- Part-time and full-positions available, Monday through Friday, between 8:00am– 6:00pm.
- Full-time positions are eligible for a living allowance stipend of $15,026, monthly transportation and food stipends, health care and child care, and a post-service Education Award of $5,920 upon completion of program.
- Part-time positions are eligible for a living allowance stipend of $8,700, a monthly transportation and food stipends, and a post-service Education Award of $2,960 upon completion of program.
- Training in youth development and ongoing professional development.
- Gain experience in a school environment, CPR/First Aid, Social-Emotional Support for youth, student management techniques & more!
- Provide academic assessments and interventions for a cohort of 10 underperforming students.
- Facilitate school day and after school programming for cohort students.
- Complete required reporting activities such as daily timesheet and program activity logs.
- Provide academic and social/emotional support to assigned student case load.
- Provide outreach to families by participating in family engagement activities.
- Organize and facilitate service learning projects.
- Participate in data collection and data entry activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or lawful permanent resident.
- Ability to commit to 10 months of service. (mid September 2018 – mid July 2019).
- High school diploma required, but college coursework or degree preferred.
A special project of Safe Passages (safepassages.org), ELEV8 Youth Program is administered by California Volunteers and sponsored by Corporation for National and Community Service.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application link: https://goo.gl/forms/9t5TXMdzRng5hShl1
For any questions, please contact Hailey Dutkin at firstname.lastname@example.org