300 Arnold Palmer Boulevard
Overview: The Francis Ouimet Scholarship Fund is seeking a full-time Scholarship Coordinator to serve critical areas of this non-profit organization’s Scholarship program. This position will be an important piece of a professional staff of seven that works together on many projects supporting a volunteer board of 40 area business leaders. The Coordinator will primarily work with the Director of Scholarships in managing the day-to-day operations of the scholarship department, including database systems, application processing and all data entry and communications related to Scholar applicants and Scholars.
The Francis Ouimet Scholarship Fund has been awarding college scholarships for 70 years and is the largest independent scholarship organization in New England. Each year, the Ouimet Fund awards between 400 and 500 Scholarships, totaling $2.2 Million, to deserving young men and women who work in golf in Massachusetts.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all data entry processes of the scholarship database. The Ouimet Fund is currently undergoing a database transition to WizeHive and this position would work alongside the Director of Scholarships with this migration of data and transition of processes (from Blackbaud).
- Assists in coordinating and managing all scholarship database information.
- Processing all applications and financial aid information of applicants, including input of application pieces, evaluation scores and generation of decision letters and scholarship notifications.
- Prepares outgoing mailings included in Scholar communications
- Opens any incoming mail related to Scholar applicants and handles telephone and email follow-ups with Scholar applicants and parents
- Works closely with other staff to discuss and communicate application data related to our key constituent groups
- Serves as a liaison for external vendors (College Board, FAFSA), and others as needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience, preferably with Wizehive or Blackbaud (Education Edge/Raisers Edge) products
- A demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, including merge functions
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to applicants, Scholars, parents and our club contacts
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently
- A self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle highly confidential financial and personal information with discretion
- A sense of humor is always appreciated.
- Must be willing to work extra hours during busy times, including occasional evenings and weekends, to meet deadlines.
- Candidates are expected to have, at a minimum, a basic understanding of Francis Ouimet, his impact and the Ouimet Fund.
Application Deadline: November 15, 2018
Please submit cover letters and resumes to: email@example.com
or by mail to:
Francis Ouimet Scholarship Fund
300 Arnold Palmer Blvd.
Norton, MA 02766
Minimum Education Required