Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
ScriptEd (scripted.org) is a non-profit organization that equips students in under-resourced schools with the fundamental coding skills and professional experiences that together create access to careers in technology. We bring our tuition-free programs directly to our partner high schools. ScriptEd classes are taught by a team of software engineers on a volunteer basis. Students learn front-end web development, build interactive webpages, and gain industry exposure through field trips, hackathons, and paid internship opportunities.
Founded in 2012 in NYC, we currently serve nearly 1,000 students nationally. In 2017 we expanded to the San Francisco Bay Area, where we aim to serve more than 200 students in the coming school year. We are nimble, efficient, impactful, and growing!
Who We Want
We are looking for passionate, creative educators who are inspired by our mission and ready to work exceptionally hard for our students. The ideal candidate will be successful in a fast-paced, team-oriented, start-up environment, is excited to take on new projects with limited guidance, and is bothered by typos. This is a unique opportunity to join a small and growing team.
This position will require travel to and from partner schools (located in San Francisco and Oakland) and our office (located in San Francisco).
- Manage and ensure success of the program at 6 high school sites. Coordinate and support teams of volunteers; make recommendations for teaching strategies, and support with the implementation of these strategies. Assist volunteer teams with creating assignments, teaching materials, and assessments. Ensure volunteer satisfaction and retention.
- Recruit, train, and on-board new volunteer teachers. Attend Meetups and regional events to represent ScriptEd and recruit new volunteers. Conduct volunteer trainings and support volunteers with onboarding.
- Collect and manage student and program data. Track student attendance information and follow up with schools, parents, and students when students are absent. Manage student evaluations and prepare reports on student progress. Use Salesforce to manage student and volunteer contact records, enrollment, attendance, and participation.
- Act as a liaison between ScriptEd and ScriptEd partner schools. Keep abreast of school schedules and keep volunteer teams informed of changes. Communicate with school partners about the success of the program and any concerns. Coordinate logistics for ScriptEd classes, field trips, and special events.
- Support ScriptEd’s summer opportunities. Support planning and coordinate logistics for summer programs, internships, and other summer opportunities for students. Manage student experience during programs. Compile feedback from summer partners; incorporate feedback into school year programs.
- Provide additional project support, as needed.
- Two+ years of classroom teaching experience in under-resourced schools
- Experience working with diverse groups
- Commitment to educational and tech equity
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated success managing many projects at once
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated, flexible, and entrepreneurial
- Thrives in fast-paced, collaborative working environment
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekends
- Current driver’s license, or ability to drive as needed
Includes a competitive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
English - required. Some Spanish or Cantonese highly preferred!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line, “SF Bay Program Manager Application”.
While we look forward to reviewing every application, we regret that due to the volume of applications received we will only be able to contact those candidates who are invited to interview.