Rosie’s Place, a sanctuary for poor and homeless women, offers emergency and long-term assistance to women who have nowhere else to turn. Founded in 1974, Rosie’s Place welcomes each guest with respect and unconditional love. Rosie’s Place accepts no government funds, and relies instead on committed volunteers and private supporters to accomplish its effective and innovative work.
Rosie’s Place is seeking a detail-oriented team member with a passion for human services to join our Community Engagement team. The Volunteer and Intern Manager reports to the Director of Community Engagement and is responsible for overseeing individual volunteering at Rosie’s Place. Working closely with the Community Partnership Manager, the Volunteer and Intern Manager collaborates with staff across the organization to engage volunteers. This position supervises the Volunteer Services Associate and together they create transformative volunteer experiences that inspire social justice action.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
· Oversee recruitment, screening, selection, orientation, training, supervision, recognition and retention for a high-volume individual volunteer program.
· Manage logistics of episodic as well as ongoing long term and special skilled positions to ensure adequate coverage.
· Manage recruitment, screening, selection, orientation, training, supervision and recognition of a year-round internship program.
· Execute a communication plan with volunteers and interested community members in person as well as through email, phone calls and virtual meetings.
· Provide direct supervision to volunteers in select programs including the Women’s Education Center.
· Act as direct supervisor to the Volunteer Services Associate.
· Establish, maintain and cultivate collaborative relationships with all stakeholders including staff, guests, volunteers and community members.
· Create experiential learning experiences through school partnerships, service experiences and internship placements that meet the needs of the organization and encourages participants to work for social justice.
· Carry out other tasks and duties as assigned by the Director of Community Engagement.
· Superior written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate the mission and philosophy of Rosie’s Place.
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit volunteer management.
· Strong commitment to social justice and the mission of Rosie’s Place.
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with strong attention to detail and follow-through.
· Flexibility and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative and busy department.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate the mission and philosophy of Rosie’s Place.
· Strong customer service mindset with effective and diplomatic, yet supportive communication style.
· Demonstrated ability to welcome, train, motivate and manage a diversity of people from various backgrounds – both paid and unpaid.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise sound judgement, think quickly on your feet and be welcoming to all.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience with database management.
We are a hands-on team and seek employees who are passionate about our work and service to our community. The Volunteer and Intern Manager is a 40 hours/week, exempt position and is expected to work onsite at Rosie’s Place during their work week and engage regularly with staff, guests and volunteers. The position may require travel between facilities or community locations.
We continue to adapt to safety protocols related to COVID-19 as we understand them and all employees must follow our safety protocols.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000 with a robust benefits package. Rosie’s Place offers medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, pension contributions, paid vacation, and more.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Rosie’s Place is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. Rosie’s Place strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities and homeless/formerly homeless people to apply.
Rosie’s Place, a sanctuary for poor and homeless women, offers emergency and long-term assistance to women who have nowhere else to turn. Founded in 1974, Rosie’s Place welcomes each guest with respect and unconditional love. Rosie’s Place…