55 Exchange Place
SEO Scholars is a free eight-year academic program that gets highly motivated, low-income public high school students to and through college.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for data management and operational support for various elements of 11th grade and 12th grade programming, including core SEO academics, the summer enrichment program process, standardized test preparation, the mentoring program, and the college admissions process. The Program Coordinator will also have targeted student management responsibilities, leading some enrichment program and scholarship application groups.
We seek a highly organized, dynamic team player with a keen eye for detail, an ability to handle multiple responsibilities, and a commitment to providing opportunity to underserved high school students. The Program Coordinator acts as the linchpin of the 11th Grade and 12th grade departments, ensuring all data is shared and used effectively between the Program Managers and taking the lead on integral components that touch all aspects of the departments.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the position is part of both the 11th and 12th grade departments.
- Manage and track all core academic data including grades, assignment completion, attendance, and late arrivals.
- Evaluate student performance data and identify students in need of tutoring and extra support.
- Collect, track, and manage data relevant to the enrichment program process including transcripts, family income, and program preferences.
- Analyze mentor/mentee data and contribute to recruitment, matching, and mentor retention strategies.
- Manage SAT and ACT data for all 11th and 12th Grade Scholars.
- Collect, track, and manage data relevant to the college admissions process including transcripts, family income, and college lists.
- Manage and track all make-up and late assignments.
- Analyze test score data and identify Scholars for tutoring or other academic intervention.
- Provide logistical and operational support to 11th and 12th Grade Program Managers for Weekday Programming, Summer Academy, Boot Camp, and Saturday Academy as needed.
- Along with the Program Manager of External Partnerships, coordinate the enrichment program application process, including the scheduling of application meetings, creation of application timelines, and collection and tracking of application components.
- Under the guidance of the Program Manager of Student Services, provide operational and logistical support for the mentoring program including the coordination of mentor orientation and training.
- Assist in the management of mentor recruitment, interview, and matching processes.
- Ensure the timely printing and distribution of SAT & ACT test score reports and coordinate all make-up practice tests and classes.
- Lead enrichment program application groups including providing some essay review support and ensuring on-time completion of the application.
- Lead scholarship application groups including providing some essay review support and ensuring on-time completion of the application.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience managing complex projects with multiple deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-orientation, and ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
- Superior written/oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Bilingual Spanish/English is highly desirable
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and experience working with databases
- Ability to work some Saturdays as well as some evenings as needed
- To Hold Students to the Highest Possible Standard– “There is no back row in SEO.” We are passionate about closing the achievement gap for first-generation and underrepresented students. We recognize the privilege of working with some of the most inspiring young minds in NYC and refuse to settle for anything less than 100% student engagement.
- To Speak with Candor and Conviction – We are dynamic, engaging leaders able to present SEO Scholars to a variety of audiences and stakeholders in a compelling and informative way, as well as to navigate difficult conversations providing honest, productive feedback to students and their families.
- To Prioritize Collective Objective over Personal Need – “It’s not about you; it’s about those who came before you and those who come after you.” We are a rapidly growing, data-driven organization always eager to add ambitious team members who want to make a lasting impact on our organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your application to ScholarsStaffing@seo-usa.org using the following conventions:
- Subject: Program Coordinator, 11th and 12th Grade – First Name Last Name
- Body of Email: Include name and contact information
- Attach: Cover letter and resume saved as First Name Last Name_cover letter & First Name Last Name_resume
Salary is competitive and commensurate with prior experience. Benefits include excellent medical, dental, and vision plans, life insurance, pension with employer matching plan, commuter benefits plan, and health reimbursement account.
Minimum Education Required