The Annual Giving Coordinator manages the timely and accurate process of gift entry, receipts and acknowledgements, verifies and maintains accurate and complete constituent records in the donor database (Raiser’s Edge/RENXT), and works to ensure compliance with IRS standards. This role is a critical component of the Museum Association’s fundraising and stewardship functions. The Annual Giving Coordinator works under the supervision of the Director of Annual Funds.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Enter gifts into the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database and prepare appropriate gift acknowledgements and other communications in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with NCGMA practices.
- Enter data of new constituent information acquired via website, research, events, or other sources.
- Execute basic biographic research on new donors and constituents.
- Data Quality control – Coordinate standards and best practices for data entry, batch gift entry, proposal management, and constituent information so data is consistent, searchable and high quality.
- Record keeping – Help to maintain clean, accurate and complete constituent records in the database. Maintain hard files in accordance with NCGMA practices.
- Provide customer service to donors, other staff, Board members and Capital Campaign Committee members. Provide backup phone coverage and admin support coverage, as needed or assigned.
- Support the following Annual Giving activities to include, but not limited to: Implementation and deployment of solicitations/follow-up, campaign reports and progress reports for the sustainer program, affinity group fundraising campaigns and any solicitation aspects of the Newsletter, Annual Report, and digital communications. Provide necessary mailing lists, data reports, and other information as needed.
- Communicate and liaise with other departments, including Major Gift Officers, the Finance Department and Administration.
- Strong analytical thinking and highly detailed oriented with the ability to accurately manage data entry
- Prior use of Raiser’s Edge and/or RENXT or similar CRM.
- Knowledge of Luminate and OLX.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word, including mail merge.
- Knowledge of email marketing, Point of Sale, online payment processing, event management, and other integrated applications helpful.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, who demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Knowledge of customer service best practices and demonstrated competence in working with donors.
- Must have ability to work well in a team and independently with capabilities of thinking through various gift processing scenarios, including research and data collection, with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to exercise independent judgment with regard to work responsibilities, prioritization of workload.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Integrity in dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to be congenial, professional, and effective in handling situations with donors, staff, and Board Members.
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to work across departments.
Education/Experience: Minimum of an Associate’s Degree preferred or in place of a degree, 4+ years of relevant work experience. A minimum of 1 – 2 years of experience in a development/foundation/philanthropy setting and experience in fundraising databases, preferably Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge) and online donation platform (OLX or Luminate). Must have working knowledge of Microsoft software packages and email systems, experience with fundraising databases and online donations required. Must have ability to maintain and respect strict adherence to confidentiality policies.