130 East 80th Street
The Fundraising Events Associate is a member of the Development team of the NYJL and is responsible for supporting the NYJL’s Fundraising Events Committees and ensuring efficient and effective management of the NYJL’s fundraising events. He/she will work closely with the Management Council and Fundraising Events Committees.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Supports the execution of NYJL fundraising events throughout the fiscal year, with a special emphasis on marathon teams, house tours, galas, shopping fundraisers, fitness events and the culinary fundraiser. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to these specific events.
· Prepares a variety of reports including weekly ticket reports, post-event revenue reports and oversees preparation of event reconciliations.
· Communicates with event co-chairs and vice chairs throughout the entire event planning, execution and post-evaluation process.
· Prepares and tracks all vendor and sponsor contracts associated with fundraising events alongside the event committee leaders, under the supervision of the Associate Director of Development.
· Assists the Associate Director of Development in cultivation of conversations for broader corporate sponsorships
· Facilitates the set-up, operation and maintenance of the NYJL’s online auction platform and serves as a point of contact with 501 Auction.
· Supports fundraising committees in the development of auction lot descriptions and coordinates the approval process of all auction details in coordination with the Auction Committee.
· Executes all post-event auction tasks including distribution of auction items to winners, and assists in securing outstanding payments and reconciling auction revenue with Accounting.
· Monitors all revenue for each event is collected in a timely fashion including event tickets, auction items and underwriting pledges.
· Oversees event-related data entry and ensures accuracy and timely entry for event attendee, donor and prospect tracking purposes.
· Coordinates the production of acknowledgments and tax letters for event donors and participants.
· Attends all fundraising events and provides on-site logistical support to the Fundraising Events committee leaders and staff.
· Attends Fundraising Events committee meetings along with Fundraising Events Leadership Council meetings as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of equivalent experience.
· 2-4 years of experience in fundraising events at a nonprofit organization.
· Knowledge of principles, methods and practices of special event fundraising.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team to collaborate effectively with a wide range of staff, partners, vendors, and volunteer leadership.
· Ability to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize tasks as needed.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience with online auctions and auction software beneficial.
· Sensitivity to confidential donor information.
· Prior experience working with volunteers.
· Website management skills, including SQL programming, preferred.
· Excellent writing, analytical, and organizational skills, as well as an attention to detail.
· Ability to find creative solutions to issues as they arise.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
· Comfortable working in Google Drive and with project management software.
· Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
· Demonstrated commitment to the NYJL’s mission and values.
· Experience with Digital Cheetah desired but not required.
This individual will demonstrate organizational and operational excellence in event execution. A successful candidate must thrive on change and collaboration and be a creative problem solver. An effective candidate is not only strategic and creative, but also willing to roll up their sleeves on all aspects of the position.
Minimum Education Required