1201 Eye Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of Events Coordinator. This is a one-year, fixed-term, non-exempt, renewable appointment in the Communications and Public Affairs Division. The successful candidate will assist in a variety of events-related activities, including: assisting with logistics for internal and external meetings, seminars, and conferences; tracking event data and analytics; maintaining events calendars; creating web pages; writing blogs; and undertaking administrative duties. This position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, DC.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the general administrative duties of the events team including organizing catering; coordinating with other departments around events requirements; and arranging presenters travel
- Moderating online audiences for IFPRI events
- Tracking events related data and analytics
- Assisting with events communications and post-event engagement
- Updating internal and external events calendars
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of event and meeting planning experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ability to learn new communications technologies
- Ability to interact comfortably with colleagues and visitors of varied cultures and languages; experience with communications or public relations in a multicultural setting
- Demonstrated proactive style with excellent interpersonal skills; a team player
- Excellent business English language skills (verbal and written); clear and effective speaking skills
- Demonstrated experience in task planning and organization
- Experience researching event-related information.
IFPRI provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition. The Institute conducts research, communicates results, optimizes partnerships, and builds capacity to ensure sustainable food production, promote healthy food systems, improve markets and trade, transform agriculture, build resilience, and strengthen institutions and governance. Gender is considered in all of the Institute’s work. IFPRI collaborates with partners around the world, including development implementers, public institutions, the private sector, and farmers’ organizations. IFPRI is a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We encourage women and developing country professionals to apply.
Click on the following link to access the job application
Minimum Education Required