SCO Family of Services has provided vital human services throughout New York and Long Island for more than 100 years. SCO helps vulnerable New Yorkers build a strong foundation for the future. We get young children off to a good start, launch youth into adulthood, stabilize families and unlock potential for children and adults with special needs.
SCO Family of Services welcomes you to join our family and help us work together to carry out our mission to build a stronger tomorrow.
SCO Family of Services’ Preventive Programs help families keep their children safely at home by helping them to create safer home environments and promoting permanency and well-being for children and their families in their own home and the community.
Our Bedford Stuyvesant Family Support Center is looking for a Family Engagement Specialist to coordinate Family Team Conferences and partner with casework staff to engage families and assist them with concrete needs to promote family economic stability and well-being.
· Coordinate all aspects of Family Team Conferences (FTCs) to insure best practices in family engagement and that they occur within required timeframes and are appropriately documented.
· Arrange all FTCs (30-45 Day Conferences, Preventive Services Planning Conferences, Elevated Risk Conferences and Service Termination Conferences).
· Coordinate the attendance and participation of all applicable partners.
· Coordinate FTCs with the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) Family Team Conference Scheduler.
· Attend FTC Facilitator training and serve as a FTC Facilitator as needed.
· Insure staff document all FTCs in applicable databases to meet required due dates.
· Outreach to families and other stakeholders to engage them in FTCs.
· Maintain literature and information about FTCs for families and staff.
· Provide direct assistance to families to meet concrete needs that support their service plan goals.
· Assist families with benefits applications and advocacy.
· Accompany clients to service providers and government agencies.
· Conduct home and community based visits, including in shelters and other boroughs as needed.
· Provide outreach to difficult-to-engage families and families who have moved out of community.
· Document contacts and progress notes in applicable databases.
· Minimum Associate’s degree preferred.
· Minimum two years’ experience working in the human services field.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word; willingness to learn program specific databases.
· Familiar with data entry and running reports.
· Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to collaborate professionally with staff at all levels.
· Flexibility and willingness to travel to conduct home visits in other boroughs as needed.
· Ability to work evening hours.
· Experience working successfully in multi-cultural environments serving vulnerable or underserved populations.
· Commitment to the mission and programs of SCO Family of Services.
: CASEWORKER - 032
: New York-Brooklyn-Bedford-Stuyvesant
: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Minimum Education Required