Details: Salary based on experience, background, and education level
DC Scholars Public Charter School is seeking passionate and hardworking Instructional Coaches with a record of exceptional student achievement and outstanding classroom culture. These coaches are responsible for training and coaching teachers to drive student achievement. Specifically, these leaders will support teachers with implementing rigorous curriculum in order to meet the high bar set by the Common Core State Standards. Our Instructional Coaches work closely with our School Principals and other leadership team members to ensure our academic programming provides all children with the skills and knowledge required for success in high school, college, and beyond.
- Elementary Literacy Instructional Coach: Grades K-4; Expeditionary Learning curriculum
- Middle School Math Instructional Coach: Grades 6-8; Eureka Math curriculum
- An unshakable belief in the potential of every child to achieve at high levels
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least five years of successful experience as a classroom teacher, valid teaching license desired
- Experience working with adult learners including developing and delivering professional development, data-driven coaching, and ability to model exemplary instructional and classroom culture practices
- Deep content knowledge and understanding of common core standards and best practices
- Experience implementing rigorous, common core based curriculums, strongly preferred (Eureka Math, Expeditionary Learning, Engage NY, etc.)
- Certified TNTP Observer, preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including teachers, students, parents, and administrators
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to juggle and prioritize many tasks and responsibilities at one time
- Competitive salary and benefits packages with participation in a 403b retirement plan (matching contributions from DC Scholars)
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental benefits 100% covered for employees and 90% covered for dependents
- Weekly internal professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career advancement within the growing DC Scholars Community Schools network
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit our job board linked here and apply for the position that best meets your background, experience and desires for the upcoming school year. Only one application is needed.
No calls or emails please.