657 Middlesex Street
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is seeking a dynamic, ambitious development professional to join our team as we continue on a trajectory of growth. Our Club has doubled in size in recent years, and is poised for continued growth, as well as a capital campaign in the coming years. Our Club's mission is "to inspire and enable young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens"; our vision is to end generation poverty in Lowell, and our Development staff are key to ensuring that our Club has the resources needed to make this a reality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Annual Giving -
· Execute a year-round schedule of direct-mail and online annual fund and special appeal campaigns; creating solicitation material, developing target lists, process monthly donors, set up and maintain online giving forms, set fundraising goals and meet them.
· Seek out creative new approaches and techniques for reaching new donors.
Special Events –
· Plan and oversee fundraising events including our signature event, the Holiday Auction.
· Supervise intern and/or seasonal event support staff.
· Liaison to event committees – prepare for and lead committee meetings
· Utilize One Cause event software to catalogue and track event donations, registrations and purchases.
· Serve as point of contact and support for Third Party Events.
Data Base and Records Management -
· Help us get the most from our Donor Perfect fundraising data base by updating constituent records, gift entry, generating mail merges, reports and exports.
· Generate timely and thoughtful thank you letters for all donations.
· Support with clerical duties such as managing grant proposals and paperwork, Board minutes, etc.
· Work with the Director of Development to effectively share the story of the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell through social media, e-newsletters, written materials and events.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent prior experience.
· At least two years of experience in resource development with a non-profit organization or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Considerable knowledge of: the mission of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations; and resource development activities and sources of funding.
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications, database management (the Club uses Donor Perfect software), and online fundraising platforms is required.
· Proficiency with email marketing, use of social media in fundraising and communications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), desktop publishing a plus.
· Ability to work well with multicultural teams with diverse constituencies.
· Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to be self-directed.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Board of Directors, Club staff, members, subordinates, community groups, and other related agencies.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Medical, Dental and Life Insurance, Retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and any supporting documents to Angel Brunelle, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for applying, but only those candidates who are selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.