Victory Programs is looking for Full Time Substance Use Disorder Counselors/ Addiction Counselors for our New Victories, Shepherd House and Victory House programs located in Boston.
Our Substance Use Counselors work in a continuous learning environment, where they gain expertise in a population with co-occurring disorders, and grow their careers utilizing harm reduction strategies.
Job responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide supportive and empathetic individual counseling/case management sessions totaling 1 hour per week with a minimum case load of 8 clients on a weekly basis
- Maintain effective documentation and record keeping systems, including but not limited to: bio-psychosocial assessment, treatment planning, re-assessment; progress notes; case management; consent forms; data collection (i.e. Ryan White, VPI, DPH); aftercare planning; and TOP.
- Maintain current working knowledge of referral sources such as housing, medical, outpatient counseling, dental, legal, AIDS client services, self-help groups and others to provide comprehensive services to the program clients and their families.
- Provide or coordinate family support services to clients.
- Develop, implement, and facilitate and/or co-facilitate a minimum of 4 client groups per week and complete required documentation.
- Communicate effectively with the treatment team and any other individuals or agencies involved in the client’s treatment.
- Provide milieu coverage as needed: monitoring and assessing the program’s therapeutic milieu; supporting clients and their needs; assisting clients in self-administration of medications; conducting controlled substance counts; answering phones and the front door.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year of work experience in the field of addiction, HIV and/or mental health or a certificate from a recognized counseling program or course of instruction.
- Strong organizational, writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of a treatment team.
- Ability to relate to clients in an instructive, supportive, and compassionate manner.
Victory Programs operates 19 innovative health, housing and prevention programs throughout Greater Boston, Cambridge and Topsfield. Every year we help more than 2,400 individuals and families break down barriers to a brighter future. Our programs serve people who are facing homelessness, drug and alcohol addiction, mental illness or chronic illnesses like HIV/AIDS and provide them with the tools needed to support healthy, self-sufficient lives.
Our benefit program is best in the industry with a 75% health and 25% dental employer premium contribution, 100% employer paid disability and life insurances, vacation, personal and sick time, paid holidays, tuition remission, and a retirement savings opportunity.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply and to learn more about our available opportunities, please go to: www.vpi.org