The position is to be filled as of April 1, 2022, with a contract duration of two years. At the end of the initial two-year contractual period, there are good prospects for conversion of the contract from a fixed-term to an open-ended employment contract. Employment location will be Bonn, Germany.
Welthungerhilfe's Internal Audit Unit aims to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of its operations as well as its control, risk management, and governance systems to ensure the organization's ongoing protection. As Expert Internal Audit, you will contribute to the implementation of a consultative audit culture with a view to sustainably optimizing organizational processes, taking into account professional standards as well as new audit methods and tools. You will support your team in achieving strategic as well as professional goals, such as the continuous development of the risk-oriented audit approach and the resulting processes. With your positive and constructive communication, a high degree of integrity and high standards of ethical values, you will contribute to a trustworthy work at all levels both internally and externally.
- Supporting the Internal Audit Unit in the risk-oriented planning of audits at head office and project country level
- Conducting and coordinating audits based on international standards for internal auditing, both in the Head Office and in the organization's project countries with regard to regularity, efficiency and security
- Further developing defined audit fields, as well as supporting the management in their continuous evaluation
- Preparing audits carried out personally or by third parties through the professional evaluation of data and information and the compilation of appropriate samples for the application of mathematical-statistical methods
- Selection and professional supervision of regionally operating external auditors for the execution of project audits in the context of co-financing on the basis of agreed criteria
- Training and induction of internal co-auditors in the head office and in the project offices of Welthungerhilfe as well as of external auditors, if necessary in cooperation with other relevant units
- Reporting to Welthungerhilfe's Executive Board and Heads of Units on the results of audits, the associated risks and their assessment
- Deriving recommendations from the identified root causes of audit and investigation findings, as well as following up on the recommendations made and reporting back to the Executive Board on the status of implementation
- Advising Heads of Units on risk management and business process improvements
- Preparing and conducting training sessions on selected specialist topics and on issues relating to the application of IIA and DIIR standards
- Coordinating, preparing and follow-up of audits by external auditors, incl. preparation of ToR's
- Supporting the area of data analytics, use of forensic methods and tools as well as other topics for the achievement of internal audit objectives
- A university or polytechnic degree with a focus on business administration, business information systems or a related field
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in audit, compliance and/or auditing
- Additional audit qualification desirable (e.g. CIA, IR, CPA or similar)
- Experience with international donors would be an asset
- Very good knowledge of financial and business process auditing
- Good knowledge of MS Office/MS Teams, Excel, SAP and data analysis tools such as IDEA
- Independent, motivated and result-oriented working style
- Strong communication skills and intercultural competence as well as a confident, positive and outgoing demeanor when interacting with other people
- Willingness to go on business trips to Welthungerhilfe's project countries
- Excellent command of written and spoken German and English; knowledge of French would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by January 26, 2022 by following this link. Your contact person is Bellona Drubig. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.