Director of Fellowship and Network Engagement
- Job posted by BALLE (Business Alliance for Local Living Economies)
Details: Competitive Salary
Oakland, CA; Telecommute
VP of Programs
The Director of Fellowship and Network Engagement develops strategy, sets ambitious goals, evolves program and curriculum, ensures effective delivery, and measures the impact of our flagship program, BALLE Local Economy Fellowship, as well as our Network Engagement programs (for alumni). They are a skilled convener and connector, with the confidence to host groups of other leaders, and the humility and passion to often lead from beside or behind to bring out wisdom and power in others. They are an advocate for our growing network of 170+ leaders internally and in the broader field. They connect and resource this exceptional group towards our mission to help create healthy and equitable local economies that work for all people.
The Director of Fellowship and Network Engagement plays a key role on our Program Team, contributing to strategy, new program development, and revenue generation, always with BALLE’s Network Leaders’ needs top-of-mind. To this well, this leader makes constant investments in relationships and deep knowledge of BALLE’s Network Leaders, their current work, challenges, and opportunities, and is an expert in soliciting, summarizing, and implementing ideas and feedback to serve a diverse and growing Network. The ideal candidate is also connected in and constantly growing relationships with individuals and organizations in the fields of local economy, new economy, economic inclusion, and entrepreneurship, and draws on their extended Network to benefit BALLE’s Network Leaders.
The Director of Fellowship and Network Engagement supervises the Fellowship Manager and the Network Engagement Manager and collaborates closely with other members of the Program Team, as well as the Marketing Manager.
Strategy, Planning, and Execution
● Partner with VP of Programs, Sr. Advisor, Fellowship Team, and former Fellows to continuously evaluate and evolve BALLE Local Economy Fellowship strategy as it relates to BALLE’s mission;
● Partner with VP of Programs, Sr. Advisor, Network Engagement Manager, and Leadership Network to grow a world-class Network Engagement program; there is a lot of room for growth, creativity, and leadership here;
● Help ensure alignment and integration across all BALLE programs, especially sharing best practices around content, process, and transformational development from the Fellowship;
● Oversee and guide Fellowship Manager and Network Engagement Manager to develop annual budgets, and to track program spending with support from VP of Programs and Director of Finance and Admin;
● Lead team to set ambitious and strategic goals, and mentor Fellowship Manager and Network Engagement Manager to develop work plans to deliver on these goals;
● With Marketing Manager, articulate an illumination strategy for Fellows and Network Leaders.
Program Oversight and Delivery
● Oversee design and delivery of the BALLE Local Economy Fellowship, which includes attending and contributing to all Fellowship gatherings (currently 3 annually) with Fellowship Manager, and serve frequently as representative and conduit between Fellows and BALLE staff;
● Oversee design and delivery of BALLE’s Network Engagement programming, including programming like Co-Learning calls, Council Calls, Network News, and Listserv curation;
● Contribute to design and delivery of programming at BALLE’s annual Leadership Summit in collaboration with VP of Programs, Network Engagement Manager, and other stakeholders;
● Recruit BALLE Network Weavers, and oversee Fellowship Manager to manage Network Weavers to ensure that current Fellows are connected in to BALLE’s broader community;
● Oversee team on maintenance of all records for materials, database and products associated with the Fellowship and Leadership Network;
● Oversee team in the execution of correspondence, data management and event logistics.
Recruitment, Onboarding, and Launch
● Work closely with the VP of Programs, Marketing Manager, Network Engagement Manager, and Fellowship Manager to identify and recruit new Fellows;
● Attend and present at events and conferences as applicable;
● Oversee the Fellowship Manager in the Fellowship selection process, including recruiting and guiding the review committee, organizing and running selection meetings, and managing correspondence with applicants;
● Oversee the Fellowship Manager in onboarding of new Fellows and public launch of new Fellowship cohorts.
Strategic Partnership Development
● Build relationships with best-in-class leadership development and network engagement programs and continuously bring best practices and learning into BALLE;
● Support the VP of Programs to identify and cultivate strategic partnerships and funding relationships that will benefit the Leadership Network;
● Support VP of Programs, Chief Strategy Officer, Philanthropy Manager, and ED in ambitious goal to provide substantial stipends for all Fellows by 2020 cohort, and to launch Fellows’ Fund by 2021.
● Work closely with the Managing Director to evolve the way we measure impact in the Fellowship and Network Engagement Programs to serve various stakeholders: program team, Fellows themselves, broader Leadership Network, media, and strategic partners and funders;
● Work closely with the Managing Director and other Directors to ensure alignment in how we measure and document impact across the organization;
● Work closely with the Managing Director and future Systems Manager to develop specs for CRM and M+E systems to best serve fast-growing programs;
● Oversee the Fellowship and Network Engagement Manager to ensure that impact data is captured, analyzed, and disseminated in an accurate and timely manner.
● Direct experience with and passion in the fields of equitable development, social change, leadership development, and / or values-aligned business;
● Minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience in program development and delivery in one of these fields;
● Excellent project-management skills: the ability to create + support process;
● Entrepreneurial mindset: highly self-motivated and able to identify needs and opportunities, and develop strategy to meet these needs;
● Experience supervising direct reports and / or consultants and growing direct reports;
● Experience in facilitation, leadership development, and/or adult education;
● Deep commitment to and experience with integrating diversity, inclusion, and equity into programs;
● Superior organizational, written, and oral communication skills;
● Demonstrated ability to operate at both strategic and detailed level;
● Excellent interpersonal skills, upbeat attitude, flexible schedule, and sense of humor;
● Preference for experience in metrics + evaluation, especially across networks;
● Preference for experience in network-based organizing;
● Experience with all MS applications;
● Preference for experience with Google Docs and Salesforce;
● Ability to travel frequently, minimum of 2-3 trips per quarter;
● Passion for BALLE’s mission.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
BALLE offers a competitive compensation package, with benefits, commensurate with experience. To apply, send a resume, three persuasive writing samples and a compelling cover letter that very specifically describes why you would be a good fit for this particular position to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, BALLE does not discriminate against applicants or employees due to their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical ability, previous incarceration, or length of time spent unemployed. We strive to reflect the diverse community we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time position. BALLE offers a competitive compensation package, medical, dental, and vision benefits, 403b plan, and the opportunity to work with an amazing team.
This is a full-time position. BALLE offers a competitive compensation package, medical, dental, and vision benefits, 403b plan, and the opportunity to work with an amazing team plus flexible work hours.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send your resume, salary expectations, and a cover letter that includes the following:
● Why you’re excited to work at BALLE.
● Demonstrated experience relevant to the role and how you meet the key criteria.
Send to Patricia McCarthy at email@example.com. The application deadline is June 30, 2018, however applications will be evaluated as they arrive. No phone calls please.