The Council of State Governments Justice Center (CSG Justice Center) is a national nonprofit organization that provides practical, nonpartisan advice and evidence-based, consensus-driven strategies to increase public safety and strengthen communities. In general, the CSG Justice Center works closely with legislative leaders, judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys, victim advocates, and others to develop consensus on various, often highly politicized, criminal justice issues and to translate this consensus into comprehensive reports, policy briefs, state and federal legislation, model policies, and innovative programs. The CSG Justice Center not only develops written and web-based materials, but also provides on-the-ground technical assistance to cross-systems policymakers and practitioners from multiple systems (corrections, mental health, housing, etc.), in state and local jurisdictions.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for the CSG Justice Center, ensuring effective office management, greeting office guests, monitoring the main office phone line, ordering supplies and equipment, and reconciling the credit card statement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Provide general administrative support to office staff as needed;
- Plan and prepare for internal meetings, including printing materials, coordinating video conferencing, and ordering food;
- Sort and route mail; pack and ship packages;
- Organize files;
- Provide reception services such as greeting guests, answering the main phone line, and monitoring the office voicemail;
- Manage the organization's supplies and equipment, including maintaining and replenishing inventory and verification of receipt of supplies ordered;
- Coordinate with building maintenance/management;
- Act as a liaison to external vendors, as well as to CSG headquarters in Lexington, KY and the IT Helpline;
- Communicate with the CSG Justice Center's remote offices to maintain consistent administration and operations policies;
- Reconcile the monthly credit card statement;
- Work with staff, travel agents, and Logistics Coordinator to make travel arrangements;
- Provide logistical support for external meetings and conferences, including preparing and shipping materials, arranging travel, and preparing logistics memos for attendees;
- Gather expense documentation and prepare expense forms;
- Enter data into the CSG Justice Center's proprietary contacts and activities database, and maintain staff contact and equipment lists;
- Maintain calendar for certain members of management team;
- Set up desks for new hires;
- Work with vendors for service on contracted machines;
- Maintain staff directory;
- Provide backup support to the Logistics Coordinator, as needed; and
- Support the Finance, Operations & Administration Division as needed.
- SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong communication skills and the ability to demonstrate sensitivity and tact;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in an efficient and accurate manner;
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Asana etc.) and Google Apps (Docs, Spreadsheets, etc.);
- Skill with computer systems and comfort with new technologies;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including maturity, an ability to work independently and in a team setting, and a sense of humor; and
- Efficient, organized work style, and the ability to prioritize quickly and confidently.
Two year of work experience is preferred.
High school diploma (required), two years of college (preferred).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
- Frequently communicates with internal and external coworkers and customers;
- Frequently views the computer to create policy briefs, memos, and presentations;
- Frequently remains in a sitting position to perform desk duties;
- Frequently uses the computer with fingers and hands;
- Frequently works in a well lit, tempered room;
- Occasionally walks throughout office to communicate to coworkers;
- Seldom lifts objects with weight up to 25 pounds such as files or paper boxes.
Interested individuals should upload the following elements (in PDF format):
- Cover letter specifying the position for which you are applying
- Names and contact information for references (at least two)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
CSG is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
CSG participates in E-Verify
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.