601 West 26th street
Service Coordinator – Care at Home Program
SKIP of New York is a not-for-profit agency that, through the Care at Home Program, helps New York’s sickest children, connecting children with services and equipment they need to heal and live at home rather than in hospitals and institutions. SKIP’s services allow children to participate in their schools and communities and to realize their full potential. Through service coordination, advocacy and hands-on problem solving, SKIP case managers make sure the children they work with each year get that chance.
SKIP provides an ongoing Service Coordinator to each family whose child needs to access services. The Service Coordinator provides advocacy for the child and family, ensures access to all needed services, makes referrals to community-based services such as doctors and support groups, and monitors all services for satisfaction. The Service Coordinator is also responsible for developing and maintaining a plan of service for each individual, conducting face-to-face site visits with individuals, and maintaining required paperwork to ensure continued regulatory compliance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the human services or related field.
- At least one year of case management experience.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills. Bilingual a plus.
- Proficiency in MSWord and Excel a plus.
- Experienced driver with a valid driver's license preferred as SKIP serves children in NYC and other areas north of the city (e.g., Westchester, Rockland, Orange, and Putnam counties).
How to Apply
Please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Elena Boerum.
Please state what job you are applying for in the cover letter and your salary requirements.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Attention: Elena Boerum
Please state what job you are applying for in the cover letter and your salary requirements