34½ East 12th Street
Police Athletic League, Inc.
The Police Athletic League (PAL) is the largest independent youth organization in New York City that provides educational and recreational activities for children and young adults. PAL Inc. and The New York City Police Department work in partnership to provide communities with summer and after-school recreational and educational activities.
We are looking for a full-time Office Manager who will be responsible for the overall administration of the department which includes but is not limited to the following: monthly reports, personnel records, general office files, membership registration, documentation of member and staff attendance, professional use of phones, office inventory and supplies, receipt and dissemination of mail, supervision of paid or volunteer support staff, and other administrative duties as assigned by Directors of the department.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative oversight, direction, training and support to staff, volunteers and interns for the effective and professional administration of the Center.
- Under the direction and approval of the Department Directors, establish and maintain systems to monitor and manage employee records and files; conduct new employee orientations; and oversee and document the use of sick, vacation and personal leave and lateness.
- Under the direction and approval of the center director, establish and maintain systems to monitor and manage member registration and attendance records.
- Generate and maintain management information systems that enable and support the effective and efficient administration of programs.
- Oversee the professional use of phones and provide technical assistance to staff when necessary.
- Order, secure, manage and maintain office supplies and equipment.
- Receive and disseminate correspondence to proper staff with special attention to PAL Headquarters, government and financial documents;
- Respond to requests from PAL Headquarters with approval and direction from the Department Directors.
- A minimum of sixty credits towards a degree from an accredited college or university in administration and/or human resources.
- A minimum of five years professional paid work experience in a non-profit youth or social service agency in an administrative or managerial capacity.
- Demonstrated skills and competencies in the program and human resource administration, and ability to manage multiple administrative tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve information management challenges.
- Professional communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to interact professionally and effectively with staff, volunteers, program members, parents, community residents, visitors, and vendors.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access, Publisher, and Excel.
- Familiarity and compliance with office protocols involving dress, demeanor, record keeping, confidentiality, staff meetings, visitors, and employee use of supplies and equipment.
No calls, please. External recruiters and agents, please don’t contact this job poster.
Police Athletic League seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at PAL are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required