Join the Maryland Hillel team as the new Engagement Associate and inspire Jewish student life on campus. You'll naturally network with students to develop one-on-one relationships, run innovative initiatives, and help them explore their Judaism where they live, work, and study! You'll create community, serve as a role model for countless Terps, and bring your dynamic personality to College Park. (Plus, you'll work just up the road from D.C. and have opportunities to travel when staffing Birthright Israel or Alternative Break trips.)
What You'll Do:
- Create a strategy to interact with 180 previously uninvolved Jewish students, including freshmen and students in fraternities and sororities, over your favorite cup of coffee, on the campus lawn, at a Shabbat dinner, and through creative programming.
- Develop one-on-one relationships to involve these students in ongoing programs and leadership roles.
- Plan and lead a weekly fellowship for students, mentoring and nurturing them to become engagers and innovators on campus.
- Collaborate with other Program Team members to engage freshmen and students involved with Greek life.
- Run a large-scale, signature event for Maryland Hillel (e.g. Welcome Week, Hanukkah Party, Shabbat Across Maryland, a new program you create).
- Staff Birthright Israel and Alternative Break trips during winter, spring, and/or summer breaks.
- Develop key partnerships with professionals from the university's student life staff to promote positive positioning of Maryland Hillel in the university landscape.
What You'll Bring to the Role:
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a self-driven motivation.
- Outgoing and confident personality.
- Creative spirit with the capacity for effective teamwork.
- Knack for brainstorming events, trying new ideas, and taking risks.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Jewish values and excitement to continue developing your own relationship to Judaism.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
What You'll Get:
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Travel opportunities (national and abroad).
About Maryland Hillel:
Maryland Hillel is a vibrant and extremely active Hillel, located just 10 miles north of Washington, D.C., on the University of Maryland campus in College Park. The growth of Maryland Hillel in recent years, along with the exciting Jewish campus community and supportive university relations, creates a wonderful work environment. With more than 6,500 Jewish undergraduate and graduate students, University of Maryland has one of the largest Jewish campus communities in the nation.
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Maryland Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter. New Applicants: Select Apply for this Position to submit your application and create an account. Previous Applicants: Scroll to the Previous Applicants section. Please in