For more than 100 years, women, men, and young people have relied on Planned Parenthood for accessible and affordable quality healthcare, accurate information and comprehensive health education. Planned Parenthood South Atlantic (PPSAT) is a nonprofit health care provider offering a wide range of affordable and reliable reproductive and sexual health care services in our 14 locations across North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.
PPSAT is seeking a highly motivated, responsible, outgoing, creative, pro-choice Field Organizer with political organizing experience to manage voter contact activities in West Virginia’s Eastern Panhandle in opposition to Amendment One, an anti-abortion ballot initiative on the November 2018 ballot.
The Field Organizer will work closely with the Field Manager to conduct grassroots organizing activities that engage supporters and build capacity in the WV Eastern Panhandle. The Field Organizer will provide key support to the Vote No on Amendment 1 Campaign. The ideal candidate for this position will be results-driven self-starter who is familiar with West Virginia and understands the major community players working on the ground.
This is a temporary, full-time position, generally working Monday-Friday but frequent night and weekend work will be required. The ideal candidate will be located in either Jefferson County or Berkeley County.
- Manage all aspects of community outreach in the Eastern Panhandle, including volunteer recruitment, training and execution of all voter education activities in the region.
- Conduct activities in line with the statewide Vote No on Amendment One field plan including canvassing, phone banking, voter education events, and voter registration.
- Manage activist database and ensure accurate and timely input of program data.
- Work with coalition partners to educate voters on Amendment One.
- Develop and implement plans for regional grassroots organizing in close collaboration with the Field Manager.
- Develop leadership among young people and maintain allied student organizations at local colleges/universities.
- Perform administrative duties, including data entry and completing and submitting paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Participate in public speaking and media relations as appropriate.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by following through on tasks, taking initiative, working with the team and identifying solutions.
- Adhere to affiliate policies and procedures including meetings and training requirements, ensuring punctuality and attendance, and following personnel policies.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly through our job site: https://jobs.lever.co/ppsat