130 West Paces Ferry Road N.W.
The Atlanta History Center is looking for a highly motivated and results oriented professional to fill the role within the organization of Accounts Payable Specialist.
This vital position requires you work collaboratively with staff and key departments to understand the institutional objectives and strategies related to AHC mission and other activities. Establish and maintain good working relationship with colleagues, donors, volunteers, senior managers, and trustees, with an emphasis on tact, diplomacy, flexibility, collaboration, professionalism and discretion.
Responsible for overseeing all duties related to Accounts Payable for the Atlanta History Center and Margaret Mitchell House.
- Maintain vendor accounts for accuracy and new vendor set-up.
- Receive, review and process all vendor invoices, including direct entry of EFT invoice like utilities, shipping carriers, contracts, and insurance and tax payments.
- Check invoices for accuracy; obtain proper coding & approval for each invoice/check request.
- Assemble invoice/check requests with purchase orders in ReQlogic purchase order system.
- Process Purchases Orders via ReQlogic purchase order system for payment
- Prepare and request checks for bank processing, matching supporting documents to check remittance.
- Maintain all payables information, including entering and posting in a timely manner
- Respond to queries from vendors regarding payment status.
- Respond to staff inquiries regarding payment status and printouts of Trial Balance for P & L.
- Prepare and produce accounts payable reports, including current payables.
- Provide credit information for applications when requested from staff and vendors
- Maintain, review for accuracy and verification of Independent Contractor agreements & W-9’s.
- Annually prepare and file 1099’s in a timely manner.
- Prepare and implement monthly closing for all checkbooks by monthly closing date.
- Prepare and enter accruals for monthly invoice, check request by monthly closing date.
- Maintain payables filing system that is functional and efficient, including timely filing.
- Prepare Policies & Procedures for accounts payables
- Maintain AHC company credit cards, including requesting/cancelling staff cards.
- Control AHC business office, company credit cards, including checking out to staff and administration the return of cards with appropriate account coding receipts.
- Monthly compile from staff their complete credit card statements, account coded with receipts, reconcile for accurate accounts numbers and support. Prepare and enter accounting entry.
- Disburse petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Other responsibilities as assigned, by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or similar field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum three (3) years financial experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Experience with enterprise accounting software, preferable Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains)
- Experience with email, calendar and work processing software
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to meet structured deadline.
Background Check Requirements
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
- Satisfactory financial background check required.
Minimum Education Required