Grassroots Tennis & Education (“Grassroots”) is a youth development nonprofit working to build strength of character and a foundation for success through tennis and education.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, exceptionally organized, detail-oriented go-getter who is passionate about our mission and will welcome learning and tackling new challenges. Reporting to the Senior Director of Tennis and the Director of Education, this position will play an integral role in ensuring smooth programming and office operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves as a face of the organization and first responder in the office/youth center, welcoming all kids and parents, volunteers and supporters into the family; answer office phone and communicate program updates to all program participants and their families, volunteers, and other community stakeholders.
- Coordinates all participant intake/registration process, forms and filing; input necessary data points and information into database including but not limited to: education and tennis program attendance, volunteer attendance, year-round and summer program registrations.
- Organizes and runs all internal program events such as: holiday activities, youth center/office parties and celebrations, end of school year and end of summer celebrations, recognition/awards, parent town halls and engagement events, etc. This includes organizing event, recruiting volunteers, communications to parents, kids, and greater Grassroots’ community, and organizing the food and all logistics.
- Manages all administrative tasks associated with running the tennis and education programming at both the Norwalk and Stamford sites including but not limited to: all tasks associated with JTT teams, matches and tournaments; all USTA related requests/items; compile all program data such as attendance, tennis skill assessment; grades and other education data.
- Coordinates all tasks associated with securing and maintaining state licensing; works closely with the program team to ensure adherence to all requirements, policies and procedures.
- Works closely with the development and communications teams to provide all necessary data and information for grants, funders and key stakeholders.
- Provides a safe, positive, and supportive environment for all participants; ensures the health and safety of all children and youth at all times
- Works closely with all staff (tennis, education and operations) to meet the holistic needs of all children, on and off the court; assists senior staff with other tasks and support as necessary.
- Administers all day-to-day office operations and functions, policies and procedures; negotiates office services, contracts and equipment leases; maintains organizational calendar; monitors inventory and purchases supplies.
- Manages all aspects of facilities (tennis courts and youth center), and building maintenance; IT and office technology including maintenance, repairs and improvements.
- Troubleshoots day-to-day problems and situations. May supervise/provide professional direction to any interns or volunteers assigned to the office.
- Coordinates all volunteer intake processes and procedures; including application forms, background checks, onboarding and training. Serves as primary first contact for all program and office volunteers.
- Works proactively and closely with program team to match skills with appropriate volunteer positions and needs, coordinates support, and ensures follow up and ongoing communication throughout their service.
- Maintains calendar of daily & weekly volunteers; maintain records for all volunteers including personal/emergency contact information, policy agreements; accurate accounting of volunteer hours and engagement; calculate and submit monthly statistical data.
- Coordinates all ongoing volunteer communications and stewardship, including regular thank yous and appreciation opportunities, tracking and monitoring volunteer engagement.
What You Bring
The Programs and Office/Operations Administrator will be able to:
- Embrace the unknown. You are flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, adapting your work to maximize your impact throughout the organization.
- Move from idea to action. You are a problem-solver, can facilitate collaborative thinking and then quickly implement ideas and decisions.
- Commit to continuous improvement. You will regularly seek out new and different perspectives and insights, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
- Communicate effectively. You will have outstanding relational, interpersonal, collaboration, and teamwork skills, with stakeholders at all levels.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role; bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Spanish language proficiency highly preferred.
- Awareness of and/or commitment to continuous learning about, issues around race, equity and white privilege, and how they play a role in the nonprofit sector and our work.
- Passion for our mission and the unique aspects of our work, and commitment to our core values.
- Proven ability to effectively manage time, multiple priorities and meet deadlines, keep organized, work productively and independently in a fast-paced collaborative environment, and handle unexpected interruptions with grace and humor.
- Demonstrated reliability, maturity and responsibility; high emotional intelligence; flexible and inclusive.
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgement, and the tenacity to see tasks through to completion in an accurate and thoughtful manner.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
What We Offer
The salary range for this full time position is $50,000 - $60,000, with a benefits package. We offer extremely generous PTO, professional development opportunities and an inclusive environment.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter addressing why you are interested in Grassroots, how your experience has prepared you for this position, and where you heard about this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check. No telephone inquiries please.
Grassroots is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Grassroots does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.