Rising Ground seeks a qualified professional for our dynamic program: STEPS to End Family Violence. STEPS To End Family Violence (STEPS) - a program of Rising Ground - offers a variety of innovative, trauma-informed, anti-oppressive programming focused on the prevention of intimate partner violence; advocacy and healing for survivors; as well as increasing awareness of the epidemic of gender-based violence; and transforming the rhetoric and institutions that sustain such violence.
A leading program in the fight against relationship abuse and teen dating violence since 1996, the Relationship Abuse Prevention Program (RAPP) at STEPS is seeking a skilled social worker to serve as a RAPP Coordinator at a DOE middle or high school campus. During the academic year, the RAPP Coordinator works independently within a New York City public school, providing direct services to students. The Coordinator’s role in the school includes providing education and counseling around issues of relationship abuse, gender-based violence, healthy relationships, and related topics. During the summer months, RAPP facilitates an intensive summer training program for selected middle and high school students to become RAPP Peer Leaders. The position reports to a Clinical Supervisor.
We are currently seeking to fill high school positions.
• Provide individual, group, and crisis counseling
• Facilitate classroom workshops
• Develop and deliver trainings for staff, parents and community
• Maintain accurate case files
• Work collaboratively as part of a team in the design and implementation of the RAPP
• Participate actively in weekly individual and team supervision
• Complete related paperwork in a timely manner
• Opportunity to supervise MSW interns
• Master’s degree in social work
• LMSW required
Skills & Competencies:
• Knowledge and understanding of domestic violence, teen relationship abuse issues, and adolescent development
• Deep interest in and commitment to excellent clinical work
• Proficiency working with individuals of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles
• Exceptional interpersonal, speaking, and writing skills and the ability to apply these skills in diverse situations
• Passion for incorporating reflective practice around issues of race, oppression, and diversity into clinical work
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work as a team member as well as independently
Competitive salary and benefits. Email resume and cover letter to:
Rising Ground seeks a qualified professional for our dynamic program: STEPS to End Family Violence. STEPS To End Family Violence (STEPS) - a program of Rising Ground - offers a variety of innovative, trauma-informed, anti-oppressive…